lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2022, 12:56 PM   #1
sean31
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Yamaha G29 motor

working on a cart for a friend. Apparently all worked fine until it didn't. I tested all batteries first (which were good) charged the pack and started troubleshooting. I came up with lack of continuity between the A1 and A2 terminals. From searching threads this told me the brushes were bad. Took everything apart and the brushes were almost non-existent. Cleaned everything up free of carbon dust and cleaned the commutator with carb cleaner and hit it with a scotch brite pad. It looked a little beat up, but I reassembled everything anyway. Tested the motor and verified continuity between A1-A2 and F1-F2 and all was well. Re-installed and no go :( . My question is this most likely a motor replacement at this point ? is there anything else I should be checking prior to?
thanks Sean
sean31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha