lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DPI-48V17A Charger Mode Setting Discrepancy Label vs Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunky Chris View Post
Johnnie, do you have any of the SoC information for Deka batteries?
Unfortunately, East Penn doesn't provide any Voltage or Specific Gravity vs SoC information on-line for their GC batteries, or at least I haven't found any.

They do have some Specific Gravity for their industrial batteries and they use either, 1.250, 1.290, 1.300 or 1.325 SG electrolyte depending on the battery prefix, but I cannot correlate any of the prefixes listed to their GC line.

Fortunately, the SG of the electrolyte mostly effects the 100% SoC voltage and the SoC voltages at 90% and below are pretty much the same.

If you have an old transformer type charger and your batteries are relatively new, bypass the relay so the charger stays on as long as it is plugged into AC power and charge the pack for about 12 hours for two or three nights with normal daily usage, then wait about 12 hours after the charger has been disconnected from cart and measure the individual battery and pack voltages. That ought to give you the 100% SoC voltage for Deka cart batteries, or something close to it. Then you can use the SoC voltage for 90% and below from the Trojan chart.

Of course, the best bet would be to contact Deka and ask them what the open circuit voltage for a fully charged GC-15 should be.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #22
Klunky Chris
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: DPI-48V17A Charger Mode Setting Discrepancy Label vs Manual

Thanks. I'll see if I can get a free moment to call sometime. I couldn't find that specific information online either so was hoping you may have found it, or gotten it somewhere else.
Worth a try!
Klunky Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dpi
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO