lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default noisy spider gears

I have a 95 TXT that runs fine but has a loud growl coming from the rear end. I checked brakes first, then jacked it up and the noise is coming from the rear. I took out the rear, removed axles and all, pulled the ring gear and spider ears and when I manually turn the spider gears with my finger they are kind make some noise. Don't seem to be loose and no signs of metal on metal wear. Would a heavier weight ear oil fix this or is it something I will need to replace?
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: noisy spider gears

Spider gears can not cause noise when driving straight, only while turning. If the noise is present while going straight, dont waste your time messing with spider gears. When i want to quiet an older axle, i first try a mix of half 90w gear oil, half lucas oil stabilizer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
ARS1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: noisy spider gears

Mine make noise too but I realized the PO put the axle in crooked when they lifted it so I'm sure that's my issue.
ARS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO