lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #11
Jamesggolden
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Reversing contactor problems

Thanks guys, before I ask any dumb questions, here is a pic of the setup, and then me identifying on a sheet of paper. I am not clear on what "long cables" are, maybe the S and A cables? Look at this and see if it tells what you need to know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
Jamesggolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #12
Jamesggolden
Not Yet Wild

And now the actual picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (111.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-14-2015, 05:28 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The short cables look nice, but it is hard to tell the gauge from a picture, just make sure they are the same diameter as the others.

Unfortunately the assembly is not optimized for forward direction.

if You move the cables as I indicated in the revised sketch, ALL short jumpers will be OFF the circuit in forward.

They will no longer get hot.

It is also important that S1, S2, M and A2 (what I call the long cables) go in first, then the jumpers on top.

The current will flow through ALL 4 of the small jumpers in reverse, but hopefully You don't spend much time in reverse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reverse_contactor_optimized_for_forward.jpg (159.9 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #14
Jamesggolden
Not Yet Wild

That is awesome Sergio, thanks so much. So from your sketch all I am doing is moving two cables to the new location and everything else is the same, looks easy enough!!! I will report back tomorrow when I make the change.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is it, but make sure the cables from M and A2 are in direct contact with the solenoid stud and that the short jumper is on top of those cables.

You want to have the least amount of connections, which translates to the least resistance in the current path.

Honestly the setup looks pretty nice, they just did not understand enough about how the current flows in the circuit to optimized it.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:23 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Sergio, That's why when I buy the HD contactors from ScottyB.....I read the directions a few times to make sure I got 'em right. This "stuff" does matter. Here's a pic of my SD contactor. The colored tape on the wires actually does mean something.....just don't ask me "what" right now. BTW....this pic was taken prior to my upgrading to ScottyB's 2ga soldered and crimped wires. Just wanted to make that clear that the wires in the pic are not his. Full disclosure 'n all.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:41 PM   #17
Jamesggolden
Not Yet Wild

Worked like a charm Sergio!! Thanks again for your input. Let's hope this solves the problem long term.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO