lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2015, 10:15 PM   #1
Stump
Not Yet Wild

Default LED Light Bar

Has anyone put an LED light bar on a cart? I have a 36V EZGO TXT that I put a 22" LED light bar on and I need a little advice.

1. The light bar info stated that the bar is for 10-30V systems. It didn't list that info on the site when I purchased it so I am wondering if that may be an issue since my cart is 36V? And if so, is there any way that I can overcome the issue?

2. I installed the light (before I saw the volt issue), and I am having issues with the switch that came with the wiring harness turning the light on. The light will work fine if I hook it directly to the battery, and the switch lights up red and green when in the off and on position. But the switch itself will not turn the light on. I feel like the relay may be bad, but I really don't know. It has a 40amp relay on the wiring harness.

This was a fairly cheap light bar that came with a wiring harness that has a switch and a relay. I don't like the design of the switch and want to get a toggle type switch, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with any particular harnesses before I purchase something different.

Thanks
Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2015, 11:53 PM   #2
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED Light Bar

I just installed a 12" LED light bar on mine. Unfortunately it's a gas cart with a 12 volt battery. I always thought you'd need a way of tapping in to 12 volts on a sparky too, ie; at the controller or another 12 volt battery.

AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:43 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Please dont hook the leds or switch directly to 36v. You will have to hook it to your other lights, or "steal" 12v from 2 of your 6 batteries. NO Frame grounds!. I say "steal" because your batteries are charged as a "set of six batteries" by your charger, taking energy from only two batteries for your lights makes those two drained unevenly from the other 4 of your "set of six batteries".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:54 AM   #4
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 24 inch LED light bar which is powered by 12v from the DC to DC reducer on my 48v cart.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444819986.984406.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444820006.120073.jpg
mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:49 AM   #5
Stump
Not Yet Wild

OK. My cart doesn't have any lights on it. So i guess i need to purchase a 36v voltage reducer?
Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:15 AM   #6
bsikes09
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes. A voltage reducer ensures equal current draw off of the battery pack as a whole.
bsikes09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #7
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

just add a 12v battery i did and run all my lights and a cig plug to charge phones with and then you dont draw down 2 of the batteries in your pack
Gr8hntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO