lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2015, 07:28 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: alltrax 400dcx

The battery posts shown on picture #3 have all the small wires under the large cables.

You should have the large cable first in direct contact with a clean lead base on the battery, then all of those small wires, then the nut.

The heat would develop where there is resistance in the current path, so it would be near the cable ends at the solenoid and the battery posts.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #22
jchcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The battery posts shown on picture #3 have all the small wires under the large cables.

You should have the large cable first in direct contact with a clean lead base on the battery, then all of those small wires, then the nut.

The heat would develop where there is resistance in the current path, so it would be near the cable ends at the solenoid and the battery posts.
Oh I got ya, yes I will change those around thanks
jchcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #23
jchcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcart View Post
It got up to 21 mph, it had field map 3 loaded so I left it with that. I wasn't sure about changing the brake current, I did not know they were in the Manuel, I will read it to see what all they do. I guess 21 is about right on the speed with stock tires, but I don't know
So what do you think JohnnieB?
Old 10-21-2015, 07:26 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
It got up to 21 mph, it had field map 3 loaded so I left it with that. I wasn't sure about changing the brake current, I did not know they were in the Manuel, I will read it to see what all they do. I guess 21 is about right on the speed with stock tires, but I don't know
Quote:
So what do you think JohnnieB?
A stock DCS motor has a bit more torque and a bit less speed than a stock PDS motor, so 21 MPH on stock height tires with a 36V battery pack is about right.

Kick the stock tires up to about 25 PSI and you'll get another MPH or so for bragging rights, but run them under 20 PSI for more comfort and better handling.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:55 AM   #25
jchcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds good, I'm going to replace those tires pretty soon with probably 23" to give me more clearance in the woods, with the axle drop lift (wanted the spindle drop but seems to be more expensive)
Old 10-21-2015, 11:03 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

22" tires is about the max for the 2.5 hp OEM motor with 20" being the sweet spot. Increased tire height directly reduces torque by an equal amount.
A 23" tire is 22% taller than stock = 22% reduction in motor torque.
The 400a control allows 30% dditional amperage to the motor = 30% more torque.
Tall tires and additional weight can soon equal out the increased performance mathematically speaking.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Hopefully, this doesn't cause any confusion.

Changing tire height changes both cart speed and amount of torque available where rubber meets road, but not by the same percentage.

The speed change is proportional to the change in the tire's circumference while the torque change is proportional to the change in the tire's effective gear ratio.

A tire's effective gear ratio is one foot divided by the length of the lever arm (tire radius) in feet, so an 18" tire is 1.33:1 while a 23" tire is 1.04:1

That means a 23" tire has 28% more speed at the same axle RPM then a 18" tire and 22% less torque at the same axle torque.

Because it takes more torque to turn taller tires, the full 28% speed gain, will not be obtained unless something is done to offset the torque loss at max RPM.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO