lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
mark74star
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Testing Batteries

Hi all, I am looking for the most efficient way to diagnose and evaluate battery life. In the past we have discharged the cart and tested batteries with volt meter. I sometimes use a hydrometer as well. I have 80 carts and this is very time consuming!

Does anyone have experience with the cadex battery tester? Will it tell me what i need to know? Are there any other options to test batteries??

We have 48volt ezgo rxv's.

Thank you for any input!
mark74star is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The best battery tester it's to clamp a volt meter to the + and- of the pack and then drive the cart and see how much the pack drops. Should drop about 1v for every 100 amp drawn. Standard battery load testers don't draw enough amps to test golf cart batteries.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Testing Batteries

This can be done per battery too!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:35 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Testing Batteries

The Cadex is not bad. It over estimates capacity just a little in my experience (compared to the standard Lester discharge machine). It is fussy about batteries that are near junk (may refuse to test them). Batteries need to be fully charged for accurate Cadex testing. Also, dont touch cadex clamps to terminals with corrosion, its fussy about clean clamps. Batteries must be tested one-by-one, or damage will occur (blown fuse in cadex, user replaceable). Each battery takes about 20 seconds to test. It also has a built-in volt meter and very accurate "cable quality" tester for your use.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO