lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2010 RXV no go some of the time

As some of you know I recently bought a 2010 RXV that I am freshening up, well I have ran into an intermittent issue. 95+% of the time when I press the accelerator the cart moves as expected, the rest of the time is does nothing, however if I let completely off the pedal and press a second time it moves as expected. At first I thought I might be pressing on the pedal when switching to F or R, but that is not the case, it is also not the initial start up delay. My guess would be a slightly out of range throttle position sensor, but before I go swapping parts (or more likely waiting for it to get worse on its own) I thought I would ask here for advice, has anyone seen this before?
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2016, 09:12 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2010 RXV no go some of the time

A hand held scan tool would be extremely helpful. It keeps track of faulty codes
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:17 PM   #3
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

True, but a new position sensor, even if that is a wrong first guess would probably be cheaper than the 75 mile round trip to the dealer I bought it from who has a Danaher scanner.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:21 PM   #4
catmcaw
Gone Wild

You could be a little to quick for the cart. When I first got my RXV I was not giving it time to shift into gear and release the brake. Try giving it a few extra seconds for everything to synch.
catmcaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:23 PM   #5
polocheck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have noticed on mine that if I let it sit on for 10min or so (usually to turn on the radio while I'm working in the yard or garage) the accessories stay on but when you try to push the pedal it seems like the controller does the safety test again then you push again and it works fine. Is this what's happening to you?
polocheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:37 AM   #6
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It may be, but the time period when I noticed it is much less than 10 minutes, more like 2-3
Old 06-03-2016, 07:11 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My brothers 09 was doing the same thing and it turned out to be the accelerator switch. Not the sensor but the switch. Cart would act normal at key on but no go.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:46 AM   #8
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

If gas or brake pedal is not in "full up" position, cart will not run until pedals are returned to full up.
This is part of safety check.
Your gas pedal may have some corrosion on the pivot or brake return/feel spring may not be returning pedal to stop.

These sound more likely than switch or sensor problem.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:57 AM   #9
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks that give me something to check
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO