lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2017, 07:40 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Sorting out speed upgrades

Loss of torque is associated with upgrades that change the effective drivetrain ratio, like installing high speed gears or bigger tires.

The only negative effect of installing a speed magnet is the reduction of the Regenerative brake.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #12
JimInFL
Not Yet Wild

Follow up my old thread. Local shop near my new home offered to do the programed speed change code, before I could get around to installing the magnet I got from from tohaodawg. I went ahead and let them do it. I was seeing 13 mph before, now 17-18 max, down to 16 and lower on the slightest uphill. I'm a little disappointed, as my wife's cart (ser#AQ1127) which I was told had nothing but the speed code changed, will run 20 all day.
1. I'm assuming there's no point in the putting the magnet in now - correct ?
2. Here's is the 6 battery system - mine the 4. Could that be a factor ?
Not looking for big speed - just want to keep up LOL - my ego is getting bruised.
JimInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #13
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInFL View Post
Follow up my old thread. Local shop near my new home offered to do the programed speed change code, before I could get around to installing the magnet I got from from tohaodawg. I went ahead and let them do it. I was seeing 13 mph before, now 17-18 max, down to 16 and lower on the slightest uphill. I'm a little disappointed, as my wife's cart (ser#AQ1127) which I was told had nothing but the speed code changed, will run 20 all day.
Not looking for big speed - just want to keep up LOL - my ego is getting bruised.
1) Incorrect: SC4 still limits speed to 19.6 MPH with stock size tires... The speed magnet fools the cart into thinking it is going half as fast thus it allows the cart to go as fast as it is able to go.
2) Yes: 12 volt batteries do not deliver the same amps as 8 volt batteries, age of batteries plays a part here too...
3) Are your brakes dragging, are your wheel bearing free and are your tires properly inflated? Any one of these will hinder your top speed...
4) Are you sure they programmed you to SC4 as your speeds sound a lot like SC2 moved to SC3 now? SC4 involves calling Club Car and getting a special code privy only to your carts controller; this code should be on a sticker affixed to your controller now...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:40 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInFL View Post
1. I'm assuming there's no point in the putting the magnet in now - correct ? I wouldn't. It will gain you very little and sacrifice regen feature. (Get bigger tires)
Not looking for big speed - just want to keep up LOL - my ego is getting bruised. Not really, it would be more towards the amphours giving you distance as opposed to speed. It is still 48 volts....

Check here tire size. If they are at all bigger, she will be faster. Weight makes a difference too if your pack is older and struggles to push hard..
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car