lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #11
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 09 Precident throttle issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Alltrax doesn't need it anymore because they built into the controller its own protection from the magnetic field collapsing when the solenoid opens.
Well , Here we go (Round 2) The rebuilder said they ran on test and dyno test machine. Passed both! They said it had many codes in it. Tech said it it was very unlikely that it was not cleared before sending it back to me.He wanted to know if it was a club car it was installed on and what system it had.no number on body due to new body. Customer is looking for title serial# they got from frame for title work. Tech told me to hook it up and call him before I turn on the key and he will walk me through some tests.I believe it to be IQ motor is black and owner says it is 2008. But it ran a year and a half till this episode.tech thinks maybe water in wiring or motor. I`v set it out in the sun 3 days and checked all harneses after 1st removal and again today (NO Signs of moisture any where)
They are sending it back next day. STAY TUNED !!! ANY IDEAS??
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Not really. If your MCOR input was steady to the controller and then the output from the controller to the motor varied for no reason when the throttle was constant, that is usually an internal failure with the controller.....

A speed sensor would put you in limp mode, but not make the cart just stop....

If you had not verified the throttle input at the controller, I would have thought a faulty MCOR.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the MCOR micro-switch dropped the voltage would still exist in the throttle signal, they are not related.

If You have the cart check the second serial number location on the frame:

...and if it is an early 2009 please make sure you don't see a TPS-to-MCOR adapter in the MCOR2 harness.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:59 PM   #14
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Not really. If your MCOR input was steady to the controller and then the output from the controller to the motor varied for no reason when the throttle was constant, that is usually an internal failure with the controller.....

A speed sensor would put you in limp mode, but not make the cart just stop....

When you roll the cart it beeps and tries to clamp down on the rolling so speed sensor appears to be working. During testing when it would go dead I could hear it clamp down and stop the wheel just before it completly stopped.if it was going very fast when it quit I would get 1 or 2 beeps before the wheel stopped completly.

If you had not verified the throttle input at the controller, I would have thought a faulty MCOR.
I didn`t test the micro in the mcore by jumpering it , could it be going open and shutting it down?(damaged by controller after new one was installed) I would lose the throttle sig wouldn`t I ?
Old 06-13-2018, 04:05 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You would not loose the throttle signal, the micro-switch controls a +48v signal to the Controller, the throttle input runs on +5v, totally different circuits.

Most 2009 models had TPS and were factory converted to MCOR2, if you have one and the adapter is failing, the +48v would go away even if the MCOR is working.

Did You visually check for the adapter or are you assuming it does not have one since you now have an MCOR?

Edit:

Unless the Controller was damaged by negligence like dropping a wrench in the wires, You should always check the motor and cables for shorts when a Controller burns.

Last edited by Sergio; 06-13-2018 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Check the Motor.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #16
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You would not loose the throttle signal, the micro-switch controls a +48v signal to the Controller, the throttle input runs on +5v, totally different circuits.

Most 2009 models had TPS and were factory converted to MCOR2, if you have one and the adapter is failing, the +48v would go away even if the MCOR is working.

Did You visually check for the adapter or are you assuming it does not have one since you now have an MCOR?
Ok, I just took the floor mat out and looked again Nothing but wires grey 3pin and grey 2 pin plugged into mcore wires go straight back to battery compt all looked factory taped and no adapters or spliced wires.Unless they put it somewhere else it dont have an adapter.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #17
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

Edit:

Unless the Controller was damaged by negligence like dropping a wrench in the wires, You should always check the motor and cables for shorts when a Controller burns.
I inspected the motor and wires tested all 4 for short to ground and cont between a to a and f to f all were good tested at controller end as well all good.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele View Post
I didn`t test the micro in the mcore by jumpering it , could it be going open and shutting it down?(damaged by controller after new one was installed) I would lose the throttle sig wouldn`t I ?
Micro switch signals the solenoid (+) and controller signals the solenoid (-). Unplug the two pin connector from the MCOR (under the floor and connected to a linkage from the pedal) and jump out the connector with a paper clip or a small piece of wire. It will be a blue wire and green wire connector. This will prevent the solenoid from dropping out if that was the problem. But I have never ever seen it cause erratic readings such as you got as it does not have anything to do with the controller output to the motor.

Sergio may have more ideas or explanations.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:34 PM   #19
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele View Post
I inspected the motor and wires tested all 4 for short to ground and cont between a to a and f to f all were good tested at controller end as well all good.This died of drowning washed without cover over controller originally but after mcore replacement it was ridden some before the flood !
this happened after controller bebuild

I did not jumper the micro in the mcore after the flood before sending the controller back. Could it have damaged the new mcore micro and cause this?
Old 06-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Flood

Did You check the S/N? If not, is the Controller Black (IQ) or Gray (Excel)?

The MCOR micro-switch does not directly control the Solenoid in a Precedent, it is just another piece of data to the Controller.

Go ahead and jump the MCOR micro-switch when You get the cart back.

Do You hear the reverse buzzer making sound when You get those symptoms?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car