lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2019, 10:04 PM   #1
babyblue
Not Yet Wild

Default Jakes 4inch double a-arm lift

Hi everyone Im removing a jakes 3inch spindle lift on my 2003 clunb car ds and putting on a 4 inch a-arm lift by jakes. Since I cant find a video for a ds install of it anywhere got a question? The new spring for front has a bolt already through center it does not fit in hole in center plate. Do I drill out hole to fit or remove existing bolt and put through hole or use the bolt it calls for in crappy instructions.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2019, 07:30 AM   #2
fishbones
Getting Wild

Default Re: Jakes 4inch double a-arm lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue View Post
Hi everyone Im removing a jakes 3inch spindle lift on my 2003 clunb car ds and putting on a 4 inch a-arm lift by jakes. Since I cant find a video for a ds install of it anywhere got a question? The new spring for front has a bolt already through center it does not fit in hole in center plate. Do I drill out hole to fit or remove existing bolt and put through hole or use the bolt it calls for in crappy instructions.

No, that allen bolt is just there to hold the springs together, when its assembled to the A-Arms, remove the bolt and then use the hex head bolt to bolt it under the frame.
Or if I recall I did it after, either way that allen head bolt was not used.
Instructions were not good on this and I had to figure it out.

One more thing to watch for, when threading the eye ends into the ends of the A-Arms do it by hand and make sure they go in easy.
Mine had stuff inside the threads from the original tapping and I almost stripped one.
I ended up running a tap inside all mine to clean them up before assembly.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:05 AM   #3
babyblue
Not Yet Wild

Thank you sir thats what I figured out as well just wish instructions would be more detailed. Also on mine the treads were bad as well had to run a tap on all of them [emoji36]. My spindles was rusted also

babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #4
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue View Post
Thank you sir thats what I figured out as well just wish instructions would be more detailed. Also on mine the treads were bad as well had to run a tap on all of them [emoji36]. My spindles was rusted also

Yah, I like the lift but not overly impressed with their quality control.
My spindles were the same, even had 1 with a little high spot that make sliding the hub on a little difficult. Hit the spindles with a little emery cloth.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car