lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
Derekj
Not Yet Wild

Default Which tire size(height) is best

Am buying rims and tires for a lifted 04 precedent primarily for hunting which size is best , where I hunt it’s hilly , cart will have a torque motor and 500 amp controller when complete and 8v batterys
Derekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2019, 07:26 PM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Which tire size(height) is best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekj View Post
Am buying rims and tires for a lifted 04 precedent primarily for hunting which size is best , where I hunt it’s hilly , cart will have a torque motor and 500 amp controller when complete and 8v batterys
With the extra amps and torque motor you wont have any issues turning big tires. I'd go as big and wide as you can fit. The width will help keep the cart from sinking in the soft stuff. When you say lifted are you 6in or monster lifted? At 11in of lift I can easily fit 27s probably max out at 31s but it would look pretty odd.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #3
Derekj
Not Yet Wild

6” lift
Derekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:05 PM   #4
henryc
Not Yet Wild

Default Which tire size(height) is best

I bought a used 2013 Precedent lifted 6” that came with 14” rims and 23” tires which beat me to death on dirt roads at a hunting camp. I switched to 12” rims with 23” tires, which were a big improvement in terms of ride. However, in retrospect I wish I had gone with 10” rims and 22” tires. The 10” rims will give you a lot more shock absorption and you’ll have slightly more torque with the 22” tires. Keep in mind that these carts are not ATV’s, although my cart does pretty well on very muddy roads and trails.
henryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:17 PM   #5
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

For best performance 10" and 22"s if your "going gets tough".
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:34 PM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you store your cart in the garage check your clearance between the garage door and the top of your cart. If you go from an 18" tire to a 23" tire your roof will be 2.5" higher than it is now... If you go from an 18 to a 27 your roof will be 4.5" higher than it is now...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The taller you go, the more torque you're gonna lose. For hunting, I love the 22" or 23" tires on either 10 or 12 inch wheels. If you get 14 inch wheels you're not gonna have enough sidewall to absorb a lot of the bumps when off-roading and it'll beat you to death.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car