lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2019, 07:03 AM   #41
BigMikey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent IQ - Beeping & Regen on downhills?

Changed out to a new MCOR and same issue. I’ll add in another diode in Series and then install the new speed sensor and magnet. The solenoid is brand new and doing the same thing as before.

If this doesn’t fix it perhaps the controller is somehow damaged or failing.... maybe wiring harness issue...

if this is the case I’m going to break down and get a new controller/motor combo. With my latest luck I’ll replace just the controller just to realize the motor is causing the issue.
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #42
BigMikey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok I found something interesting this am...

I changed out the speed magnet and sensor... found that the magnet had a hairline crack.

Got real excited took it out... same thing.... but.... I only put the tow switch in tow and didn’t disconnect the battery pack. So I went ahead and made a diode cable that I could add in series to the current one. For that I disconnected the pack and did the instal... seems to work fine but again this seems typical. I also installed a new pre charge resistor just because I had it...

A thought.... it seems when the controller is disconnected completely from the battery pack it has to re-learn when the pack voltage is reconnected. Can anyone confirm if this is the case and what an unpowered controller (OEM Curtis) may do on initial power up. I seem to think this because anytime I disconnect the pack the cart seems to run fine for a session or two... however if the controller was learning of pulses from a cracked magnet maybe it saw the new magnet as not generating expected pulses it had learned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2019, 07:24 AM   #43
BigMikey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Issue is finally gone!!!

Still not 100% if it’s the double diodes in series or unhooking the battery pack to reset the controller after changing the magnet and speed sensor. The second diode is just a simple add on with a male and female spade connector soldered on with two short wires. I could disconnect the pack and remove the second diode extension and see if the issue comes back...

For now I’m happy and thank you all that provide ideas and suggestions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2019, 08:47 AM   #44
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The cracked magnet should not have had any impact in the cart operation, the dropout condition triggered during Regen is a Controller glitch when the residual voltage inside the controller as Regen stops is a little higher than B+ so the Controller assumes the Solenoid must have opened (main dropped-out).

The two diodes in series should provide enough difference between the two voltage references to stop that condition.

Hopefully that permanently fixes it.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car