lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
olpainless
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 Turf2 internal switch test?

We have recently replaced the main contactor with Scotty's SW180 on our 48v Turf 2. It did fix the problem with intermittent high resistance/low voltage (controller would whine under load once in a while). Now the voltage at the control side of solenoid will drop to 14v after a short period of time, usually about 5-8 minutes of operation. After sitting for a few minutes, it will start working again. New MCOR 4 conversion, cleaned the FNR and micro switches, I have not done anything to the key switch yet. Could the internal switch in the controller be affected by heat? It has the Curtis 1204-412 300amp unit.
The cart gets used at least twice a day. I have been getting around the issue by not taking my foot off the pedal completely when stopping, so as not to deactivate the solenoid. Anyone run into this problem before?

olpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2019, 08:40 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 02 Turf2 internal switch test?

What is your pack voltage at this exact time?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:23 PM   #3
olpainless
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 02 Turf2 internal switch test?

47v , but it has happened with a full charge as well. I just can't think of what could be causing it other than heat related.
olpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car