Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2022, 01:00 PM   #1
JTCart
Not Yet Wild

Default Need an opinion on this cart

've been looking for a cart for use around RV parks and race tracks. The one requirement for my use is the ability to climb hills. I ran across this one that's just minutes from my house.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/s...552854385.html

It's older than I was looking for being a 1997 48V, but it has all of the options I need and comes with charger. I'm just looking for a sanity check to see if this is a good option. Are there any inherent problems with a DS of this age I should be looking out for?
JTCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2022, 07:21 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need an opinion on this cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCart View Post
've been looking for a cart for use around RV parks and race tracks. The one requirement for my use is the ability to climb hills. I ran across this one that's just minutes from my house.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/s...552854385.html

It's older than I was looking for being a 1997 48V, but it has all of the options I need and comes with charger. I'm just looking for a sanity check to see if this is a good option. Are there any inherent problems with a DS of this age I should be looking out for?
Your craigslist link doesn't work
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 07:36 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Need an opinion on this cart

I answered your other thread.

I wouldn’t worry about the age, DS is a great cart. I have a 94 (gas) and a 2008 (electric).

The only down side (and just my opinion) is that it’s a series cart. I’ve owned several and it takes a lot of $ to make them perform. Especially if constantly running steep hills is a concern of yours.

The IQ are much much better. Or better yet, AC drive system.

The series carts can be converted to IQ or AC but again, it adds $. If I were buying another cart (to keep) I wouldn’t even consider a series cart. But again, that’s just my opinion.

Unless it was really, really cheap and would justify dropping $3k into it for an IQ harness, ac conversion, and lithium pack.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts