lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2022, 03:45 PM   #51
bevelsport
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Allied Lifepo 48v charger status LED remains green

I just got word from Allied confirming what we have pretty much figured out. It is the charger. I am out of warrantee but they are going to send me a new one and are giving me a $100 discount.

Good outfit to do business with.

My next step is to autopsy the defective one and figure out what failed. Gotta keep learning ****. It's funny that YouTube is usually a pretty good place to look for solutions but there don't seem to be many out there that deal with the guts of these bad boys.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. As I have written before - there are a lot of smart people here and it great that y'all are willing to help a brother out.
bevelsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2022, 04:05 PM   #52
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Open it up and take some close high res photos and post them here. Since you have voltage but no current, chances are it's going to be something around the current feedback part of the circuit.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:52 AM   #53
bevelsport
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Open it up and take some close high res photos and post them here. Since you have voltage but no current, chances are it's going to be something around the current feedback part of the circuit.
Will do.
That's what I figured.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:57 AM   #54
bevelsport
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I found this site that looks like a good resource for analyzing the death of the old charger.

https://www.homemade-circuits.com/ma...ttery-charger/
Old 11-29-2022, 03:35 PM   #55
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Good resource. The circuit will almost certainly be much more complex than shown there but it should follow the same principle. Identify Rx, as in the link you posted, and follow back from there. Rx may actually be the problem, going high, but not open.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:26 PM   #56
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
What is the delta on a comparable charger bought here? I get saving a buck, but supporting a company that is here for a couple of bucks more and not having to go through what you guys are describing is more than enough reason for me to "buy local" or support our Site Sponsors.

Just my .02-back to our regularly scheduled discussion.....
nothing local about buying a Chinese charger though.
The ops old charger is a generic Chinese charger as well. Lots of those all over aliexpress about 2years ago.(I actually have a power inverter in the same aluminum case and with the gauge I bought a while back on ali)

It's good of the US reseller to give a discount on a replacement but IMO they can afford to and still come out plenty ahead. I totally respect the OPs choice to continue to deal with the reseller and its Just my personal point of view but if I'm buying an inexpensively made Chinese charger let alone a replacement for one that already failed, I'd just assume pay much less buying direct and take my chances having to pay much less again if it fails for the replacement. Now if it was actually a non generic specific designed and built superior product, that's a different story..
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:05 PM   #57
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

OMG....For once I agree with Augiedoggy 100%
Old 11-29-2022, 11:04 PM   #58
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
OMG....For once I agree with Augiedoggy 100%
Will wonders never cease
Old 11-30-2022, 08:55 AM   #59
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
nothing local about buying a Chinese charger though.
The ops old charger is a generic Chinese charger as well. Lots of those all over aliexpress about 2years ago.(I actually have a power inverter in the same aluminum case and with the gauge I bought a while back on ali)

It's good of the US reseller to give a discount on a replacement but IMO they can afford to and still come out plenty ahead. I totally respect the OPs choice to continue to deal with the reseller and its Just my personal point of view but if I'm buying an inexpensively made Chinese charger let alone a replacement for one that already failed, I'd just assume pay much less buying direct and take my chances having to pay much less again if it fails for the replacement. Now if it was actually a non generic specific designed and built superior product, that's a different story..
Yea but... That voids his warranty on the batteries. What you say makes sense if out of warranty or you build your own, like you do, but most buy retail as we aren't electrical engineers or hobbyists in cart technology.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:09 AM   #60
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
Yea but... That voids his warranty on the batteries. What you say makes sense if out of warranty or you build your own, like you do, but most buy retail as we aren't electrical engineers or hobbyists in cart technology.
If you need to use a specific branded charger to avoid voiding warranty than that charger should be warrantied as long as the batteries IMO.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car