lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2022, 11:07 PM   #21
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Eco battery and cold(er) weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Sorry-sworn to secrecy!
With the huge sale they are offering this weekend I was already thinking there is a new battery line coming so they want to clear some inventory. I decided I no longer wanted the worry that the ET battery was causing so I went ahead with buying the 70v system. Hopefully it solves my problems and I can move on. That said, anyone in NC that wants a battery that works great in weather 60*F and above let me know
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2022, 09:48 AM   #22
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't think that you'll be disappointed with that battery-congrats!! I also don't think you have to worry about it being obsolete :)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 01:10 PM   #23
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

My 72Ah 2nd generation Eco Battery is cutting off under full acceleration in the cold. About 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Stock 1510 controller and motor. Anyone have this problem or a way to address it?

Thanks!
FL3TCH L1V3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 02:09 PM   #24
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL3TCH L1V3S View Post
My 72Ah 2nd generation Eco Battery is cutting off under full acceleration in the cold. About 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Stock 1510 controller and motor. Anyone have this problem or a way to address it?

Thanks!
However keep in mind that run time and overall performance will be significantly reduced the colder it gets. What was your state of charge before going out? Remember never to charge below 34 degrees to prevent plating inside the battery.

That said I’ve got allied instead of eco, but I’ve been out plenty in 15-20 degrees running it pretty hard in the snow and never had it cut out. So it’s either eco's BMS is configured differently, or some other external factor (SOC?) coming into play.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 02:22 PM   #25
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
That BMS setting is crazy and not necessary. There is no issue with driving with a Lithium battery all the way down to Freezing and even below - other than loss in performance. The only significant issue is charging and there you don't want to ever charge if the battery itself is below 32F. I use my cart in the winter when it's 40 degrees here.
This is why having access to the bms setting via an app and being able to adjust them is a plus in my mind. I thought beer dude had this ability with the daly bms his battery has but apparently not for some reason? Once this was suggested in his other thread he went dark and never responded. I know the bms his battery has does have the bluetooth module installed on it so it should be a very simple fix unless theres something that hasnt been shared?

If he doesnt want to check the setting its completely his choice of course but we have multiple threads more or less complaining of this issue now so you would think he would want to correct it or at least check it?
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 02:25 PM   #26
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:

Thanks!
Have you tried to connect to the battery using the daly bluetooth app ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiI2aPjTxU

you "should" be able to easily change these parameters within reason.

the older extreme team batteries use the ANT bms and app which I actually have myself and it works the same way with the ant bms app.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 02:57 PM   #27
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
However keep in mind that run time and overall performance will be significantly reduced the colder it gets. What was your state of charge before going out? Remember never to charge below 34 degrees to prevent plating inside the battery.

That said I’ve got allied instead of eco, but I’ve been out plenty in 15-20 degrees running it pretty hard in the snow and never had it cut out. So it’s either eco's BMS is configured differently, or some other external factor (SOC?) coming into play.
I was at 70 percent. I’m thinking it’s a BMS setting, I’ll try the app others suggested and report back.
FL3TCH L1V3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 03:18 PM   #28
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
I was at 70 percent. I’m thinking it’s a BMS setting, I’ll try the app others suggested and report back.
Lithium doesn’t like cold weather. What kind of current draw were you seeing when it shut off? How low was the voltage dropping when it cut off?
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 04:15 PM   #29
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post

I'm agreeing with CP241 on this. I know here in SW Pa. I hunt a lot in sub freezing temps. Now, I have a build pack as opposed to a drop in pack, but I do know that performance......as measured by "how many volts" it takes to go from point A to point B....in the cold it just takes more.

I would suspect that when you hit the go-peddle either your pack voltage, or more likely one specific cell drops below the LV cutoff setting.

The "cure" is to have a full or near full charge before you venture out, and\or adjust your controller to allow less maximum amps to flow. All that does is conserve your pack voltage as the cart won't get the amps it's "demanding".
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 04:27 PM   #30
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The thing that changes with temperature is the cell "internal resistance" which looks like a resistor in series with the battery. This resistance drops the battery voltage under load and the drop is a direct function of the battery current. In general, larger capacity batteries have a lower internal resistance. (if same chemistry) That is one reason I always recommend getting a larger (100Ah or more) pack even if you don't need the extra range.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car