lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #31
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front Bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddmc View Post
I thought you might like to see the front bumper I fabricated for my Yamaha G8. It is made of heavy wall aluminum tubing. I just made it so it still has to be cut at the ends once I get my bigger wheels and tires. It also has to be polished. I plan to do the same at the rear.

Fred
Looks sharp! I like the aluminum.
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #32
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

fred... what diameter is the piping you used on that front bumper.. im going to be getting material in the next week or so to make mine... and that looks like a nice diameter..
Bad92Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #33
freddmc
Gone Wild

When I posted the pics I was going to put that in but didn't remember and I didn't want to go out and measure. But I knew someone would ask. So--------

Just went and measured it and it is .84 OD and .60 id.

I used this stuff when my son raced 1/4 midget cars and built a little tube bender as well so it all came in handy. And Al polishes up quite nicely.

God luck

Fred
freddmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:28 AM   #34
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo View Post
AirJunky, Your going to post us some photos of the progress with the new bed, right? You give some thought to installing stiffer rear springs, sounds like you'll need them? nomo
Yep, I have the bed up on saw horses behind the cart now. Eyeballing how it's going to need to be cut/modified to fit on the cart & look right.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:29 AM   #35
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Had a thought tonite. Maybe I'll go for a test ride with the bed strapped to the back of the cart. Take a GPS & compare top speed with & without the bed to see how the weight effects speed & how the cart drives.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #36
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

thanks fred. i appreciate you looking for me.

airjunky personally id just put it on there and run it.. but thats just me.. i mean you wont be happy unless you have the extra room... but test riding it might not be a bad idea if you can mount it on there without hurting anything... i know its prolly too late now.. but i was just thinking.. what if you mounted a hitch on the front.. or rear... and put one of thoes deer racks on there... lke the extra racks people put on their cars and all to haul extra stuff.... something like this... http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...9928_200349928
then it could be removable as well... just a thought...
Bad92Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #37
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad92Silverado View Post
airjunky personally id just put it on there and run it.. but thats just me.. i mean you wont be happy unless you have the extra room... but test riding it might not be a bad idea if you can mount it on there without hurting anything... i know its prolly too late now.. but i was just thinking.. what if you mounted a hitch on the front.. or rear... and put one of thoes deer racks on there... lke the extra racks people put on their cars and all to haul extra stuff.... something like this... http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...9928_200349928
then it could be removable as well... just a thought...
I hear you. In one of the pics in my gallery (link below), I have a receiver bolted to the back of the cart. My neighbor has a small 4'x8' Harbor Freight trailer that I hooked up to the cart..... while it was empty. I doubt it weighs more than 300 or 400 lbs. and tongue weight is maybe 50 lbs. When I tried to pull the trailer with that, the tongue weight basically twisted the receiver downward. So I really doubt this cart is going to handle any real weight on a receiver rack that is 18" - 24" deep & probably would have more than 30 or 40 lbs on it at anytime. And if someone stood on it.... well it would damage the bagwell area. There may be a way to safely pull with the Marathon, but it's not using that hole on the back. I think the receiver will need to be more integrated in the frame.

Your right about wanting the bed to work though. Engine, clutch & rear spring mods may very well be in my future. I already have plans to add the CPP clutch & power kits to the cart. The addition of the bed might just make sure we can do wheelies all around the neighborhood.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #38
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Atv bumper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brush guard ATV bumper 012.jpg (111.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg brush guard ATV bumper 011.jpg (100.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg brush guard ATV bumper 003.jpg (101.3 KB, 9 views)
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO