lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #11
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Work Horse 350 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko View Post
It's a 2006 and I got it for $1,400 and spent $200 , so I am pretty happy to hear they go for much more and are rare -----the plastic dump is nice I have filled it with fire wood and mud over the sides and it will dump it no problem , the capacity tag says 500 lbs max -------- there is a sister cart to this one that is a little bit more beat up cosmetically which I could probally get for close to the same price , BUT , it has a problem which they tell me could be the governor as the mechanics at the rental house believe that it is not a linkage or adjustment problem , what it does is it takes off at high speed and there is no low speed , when you hit the pedal it is rolling -------

If you don't want to buy the other Workhorse let me know and if it's not too far away from me I'll buy it.

Thanks,BM
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepower View Post
I would buy the other one also. It is likely not a gov problem. My guess is a crushed cable for the throttle blade that runs between the skid and engine.
The ez go's don't have a cable for the throttle or gov. under the engine so it couldn't be that. Under the engine it only has the f/r cable and the brake cable.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #13
rocko
Gone Wild

It's in Slidell , La. and I called about it today and they still have it but the mechanic over there has shown interest in it , it is a small world as I ran into his wife at Wally World this morning and she says he can't have any more toys around the house , I tried calling him and he ain't answering --------------it is a lot of money to buy and have for spare parts but it sure would be worth it if anything broke on mine , a motor or rear end would probally be expensive and hard to find
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #14
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
It's in Slidell , La. and I called about it today and they still have it but the mechanic over there has shown interest in it , it is a small world as I ran into his wife at Wally World this morning and she says he can't have any more toys around the house , I tried calling him and he ain't answering --------------it is a lot of money to buy and have for spare parts but it sure would be worth it if anything broke on mine , a motor or rear end would probally be expensive and hard to find

Ok,thanks rocko for checking

BM
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #15
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I'd still be interested in knowing what he would take for it as is...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #16
rocko
Gone Wild

Wow , good things do come to those who wait ----- got a call today and my buddy at the rental house and he asked if I still want the other Workhorse 350 and what would I offer for it , they wanted $1,400 to start back when but it has a bad problem with what they think is the governor inside the rear end as it only has one speed , wide open , and they don't want to put any more money into it , so I got it for $700 and I go pick it up this evening , I am going to get some pics up tomorrow hopefully , it actually is in better condition cosmetically than the one I got now that is pictured above ----------- Governor problem ? , what kind of job would it be to repair something like that , to start I would guess the rear axle would have to come out to disassembly it to get to the governor ----------I might be selling some parts off of it soon
Old 02-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #17
rocko
Gone Wild

Here is a pic of my new $700 Workhorse ST 350 gas , the problem with this one is that it takes off wide open , there is no going slow , the mechanic at the rental house showed me what he thought is the problem , the governor arm doesn't spring when the throttle lever is moved , I really don't know anything on how this all works yet but plan to learn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg workhorse 2-1 001.jpg (154.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #18
rocko
Gone Wild

99 % sure the problem is inside the rear axle with the governor , and not in the linkage adjustments as I had hope --------still a great deal if I use it for parts and sell off the rest ----------the governor arm doesn't have a spring action to it feels dead , found a parts list and found it only list the differential as a complete axle assembly which is part number 74545-G01 , and it appears from those parts break downs that the governor or parts of it are not sold seperately ----does this sound right ----anyone know any junk yards for carts or have a governor or differential ---------------ya think dat dis freaky weather has anything to do with 2012
Old 02-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #19
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
The ez go's don't have a cable for the throttle or gov. under the engine so it couldn't be that. Under the engine it only has the f/r cable and the brake cable.
The 2004 and later Robin powered carts use a cable between the governor and carburetor throttle.. It passes under the engine between the crankcase and the skidplate, they're prone to being crushed near the rear of the skidplate or seizing up due to corrosion from water intrusion..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
99 % sure the problem is inside the rear axle with the governor , and not in the linkage adjustments as I had hope --------still a great deal if I use it for parts and sell off the rest ----------the governor arm doesn't have a spring action to it feels dead , found a parts list and found it only list the differential as a complete axle assembly which is part number 74545-G01 , and it appears from those parts break downs that the governor or parts of it are not sold seperately ----does this sound right ----anyone know any junk yards for carts or have a governor or differential ---------------ya think dat dis freaky weather has anything to do with 2012
Before ya tear into the axle.... Disconnect the throttle cable from the carburetor and see if the cable moves freely.. The governor arm normally has a "dead" feel, there are no internal springs in it.. The only springs in the speed control are the one at the pedal, one on the end of the accelerator cable at the governor arm, and a throttle return spring on the carburetor..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO