lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
Duscarter
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Sam's Club golf cart battery charger?

You didn't happen to notice how much they were selling batteries for did you?

Wally world sells 6v for $80 and 8V for $86.
Duscarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #12
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought my batteries at Sam's. $72 per 6volt in December of 2010 in Louisiana. It looks likes the charger only puts out 10amps for 48 volts. Is that enough to charge the batteries sufficiently and how long will it take to charge a pack that is 30% run down. It might be worth having as a back up.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

10A is fine...

30% of 170Ah = 51Ah

51Ah ÷ 10A = 5.1 Hours
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #14
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the explanation sonicj. Sounds like a pretty decent deal. Think I will get one just to have. You never know when something is going to fail. I have the Champion Inverter Generator from Sam's which is also made in china and have been very happy with it.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #15
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
What got my attention was that it would charge both 36 and 48volt systems. That and the price influences my decision about upgrading to 48v.
However, I see that it is made in china so my enthusiasm has been diminished somewhat. I'm afraid a year from now it might be a $100 brick.
I've had my eye on these too. I too was unsure of going 48V because of the cost of a new charger, but this changes my mind. Unfortunately...everything is made in china, I have a gargage full of chinese crap. I even had chinese food for lunch.

At least my Japanese truck was made in Texas!

Sams is like Wally, just bring it back and get a new one every 6 months, they don't care. Someone finally got the right idea; why the hell does a golf cart charger need to cost $400 anyway...
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #16
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Google Sams Club then do a electric chargers and inverters. They will ship to any store. Just checked.
Every place I check it says out of stock? And will not ship.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #17
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Sam's Club golf cart battery charger?

They ship to your store not direct to you in my area anyway. It gave me about 10 stores I could pick from.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #18
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I saw this Stanley charger at Sams Club a few months ago. I had been pricing chargers since I want to eventually go to 48v as well. I went ahead and bought it on the spot with the thought that I could return it if I didn't like it. It's actually a really good charger in my opinion. It comes with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty and I paid the extra $5 for the 1 year Sam's club Extended warranty. I was initially concerned with the current ratings as well, but the charge times are very reasonable. Since my batteries are functional but need to be replaced soon, I think my favorite option is the "clamps" connection. I can charge any number of batteries at the same time without overcharging my good batteries. I have 2 newer batteries, 2 older batteries and 2 really old batteries. This charger allows me to do a 12V charge 3 seperate times. I used to have bubbling / boiling in the newer batteriers every time I would charge the complete set, but now I don't get any bubbling / boiling at all. It is a bit of a hassle to do three seperate charges, but it's worth it until I can afford a complete new set. Definite recommend.
turblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #19
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Update: Finally found them online and picked up 3 to test. Well they all work great at 6 and 12 volts They auto sense voltage and then you push the charge buttons. They do auto sense 36 & 48 volts but none of the 3 would even come on when the charge button was pressed. Also there was no chance these carts were "fully charged". Called tech support and they said to return them to Sams. They said they had not heard of any problems, But they did not seem at all surprised when I said they did not work and did not offer any troubleshooting. Also recommended I exchange or better yet return them and possibly re-purchase them from Lowes (who should also have them) as maybe complete lot was bad?????????? Hmm I ordered mine online from Sams so those will be shipping to stores all over the country. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, ITS A JUNGLE. And sometimes a charger just sucks. LOL
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #20
Fyrestorm
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Is it a battery tender too? Or just a charger?
Fyrestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO