lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: '06 or '09 CC Precedent......

it should be perfectly ok if no four wheeling or mud bogging......for me its more the elec setup.......i,m no fan of a 12 volt setup and lots of guys who do buy 12 volt setups end up switching over to 8 volt setups.............now there are quite a few who have no problems with the 12 volt setup either but for me its 8 volt all the way.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #12
Jbenham
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yea, that's what I was thinking. More $$ up front but well worth it.

Any word of advice on tires/rims? Does it really matter? How about anything else that a newbie wouldn't think of that my cart would need???
Jbenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

my suggestion would be to read as many threads here as you can as we could be here forever talking about it.......there are a million ideas on this site..........most important thing i can offer is save your money..........cause this is an addiction and it ain,t cheap and we don,t offer or perticipate in interventions..............remember you started it we just nuddged you along........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
Jbenham
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

HA! Great advice my friend. Thank you
Old 01-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #15
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jbenham,

This may not be an issue for you, but wanted to make you aware. I believe the 09 precedent was available with the Excel system. If you do not intend to upgrade the motor/controller/etc. this is not issue. If you think you might, then you should check if the 09 cart you are considering has the Excel package. From some other postings and other info I have seen, there are limitations (possibly no upgrades possible) for upgrading carts with the Excel system.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
Jbenham
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Wow - didn't know that. Thanks a ton for the heads up. So you're saying do NOT go with an Excel System if I intend to upgrade the cart in the future, correct? I was so stuck on thinking about Batteries that I didn't even think about anything else.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #17
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
Jbenham,

This may not be an issue for you, but wanted to make you aware. I believe the 09 precedent was available with the Excel system. If you do not intend to upgrade the motor/controller/etc. this is not issue. If you think you might, then you should check if the 09 cart you are considering has the Excel package. From some other postings and other info I have seen, there are limitations (possibly no upgrades possible) for upgrading carts with the Excel system.

The thread below may be of some help. Can you check the serial number of the cart? also looks like controllers will be available for the Excel.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-question.html
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #18
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't know if I would not get an Excel. And I believe Excel is an option so it might just be an IQ like mine which is not a problem. But that if you think you might upgrade make yourself aware of the limitations of the cart your considering. I would first start with determining if it is an Excel. If it is then I would get info on specific upgrade limitations. The few posts I have read were not definitive. I would do search in here and make inquiries to the knowledgable folks here. They should be able to answer this question or call someone who does this kind of work. D&D motors, Plum Quick, TahoeDog, ScottyB. Any of these folks may be of help.

Other than this question though I would agree the 6-8volt setup is better.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #19
Jbenham
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Again, solid info. Thank you both very much for sharing. I read the other thread that you sent me and it was extremely informative. Since I'm going to just be using this around the neighborhood with my family I think I'll be comfortable going with the Excel System (so long as it has 6 8 volts OR the ability to upgrade). That being said, do you guys see any advantage of going with the '09 as opposed to the '08.5? I can get a decent deal on either one. The '08.5 has the 12's in it right now but can be upgraded.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #20
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also see posting "Precedent I2 Controller Question" by Vetman. At the end it appears a solution for Excel may be on the way.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car