lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #21
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What is Speed Code 5?

I have 22" tires, 6" a-arm lift, speed code 4, new 8v batteries, and I hit 20mph tops. Cannot get more unless downhill. I'm hoping on getting a bandit motor soon just for a little extra speed and torque.
Wes350x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #22
lowvolts
Not Yet Wild

eclizotte Well did it work ?

Here is a video of someone who installed one
lowvolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #23
Billy Hale
Not Yet Wild

I was looking around last night and I found something on Youtube.Go there and put in speed code 5. There is a guy down loading it to his CC and test driving it.
Billy Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just saw the video, I am not sure it makes sense if you already have speed code 4 programmed.
According to the speed calculator, if you enter 22" tire size, code 4 will give you 24mph.
Assuming the cart had good batteries and power delivery (cables, solenoid,etc), if the cart tried to go faster than the code 4 speed, the regen would kick in making the speed oscillate around the 24mph mark. Maybe that is why he said was faster on a spot check???
It seems like on a non Excel Precedent a $25 4-pole magnet would do the same thing....
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #25
Billy Hale
Not Yet Wild

I have code 4 in my 07 CC. with 22 inch tires and a 6 inch lift on flat ground the best I get is 19.5-20 MPH. I have not seen any code 4 down here get more than that with everything else stock that is.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #26
Anon155
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I know this is kind of an old thread, and I have been lurking around the forum for awhile now. Decided to make my first post. I just have to say this guy isn't nuts or is the device. I have been updating my electric 2007 CC Precedent recently and decided to give his speed 5 programmer a try. With an all stock cart (AMD motor and Curtis Controller) I was running 20-22 on flat ground depending on how smooth the asphalt was. I used 2 different gps units just to verify it was accurate. It was a huge improvement over my stage 3 program (16mph) that was on there before. The lower end torque has also been increased some. You can feel it when you first stomp on the pedal. But it's not a lot. There is 3 modes with the unit, torque mode (haven't tried it yet), stock mode, and speed mode. Only downside is the unit costs $140 + $5 shipping now. For the money, thats not too bad I guess. I did try magnets off ebay, and I only got to 19-20 max. So yeah it's a lot more money just for a few more mph more. But it's still better than paying a couple hundred for an all new motor, controller, etc

I'm hoping to gain a few more mph (24-26) once I lift my cart and add 23" tires. Just thought I'd give an honest review in case there were people still interested in this. I will report back once I get my lift and tires.
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
Chewie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That is great to hear. I have a 2008 Precendent and have been trying to decide whether to do something like this or buy a new motor from Plum Quick. The motor from Plum Quick is less risk, because it is an actual motor, but it is a lot more money at 400 bucks.

What was the process for the Speed Code 5 deal?
Chewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #28
Anon155
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
That is great to hear. I have a 2008 Precendent and have been trying to decide whether to do something like this or buy a new motor from Plum Quick. The motor from Plum Quick is less risk, because it is an actual motor, but it is a lot more money at 400 bucks.

What was the process for the Speed Code 5 deal?
The process was pretty simple. The instructions are on his website in the upper left hand corner. The unit does all the work for you. There's only a few steps:

1. Place switch into desired setting, right for speed, middle for stock, left for torque
2. Turn cart to Tow
3. Plug unit into bottom port on dash
4. Return cart back to Run
5. Watch the blinking light show for about a minute, until it stops blinking
6. Unplug the unit

It's really that simple. I was surprised how easy it was and that I was able to go faster than the speed 4 program from CC. I really thought it was a hoax from what I read on here. But figured why not just give it a try. I will have to wait and see for the long term affects, but so far I have not noticed anything funky going on. It's been installed for over a week now.
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #29
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: What is Speed Code 5?

Just rememmber to send them your S/N when ordering their unit, as they DO NOT WORK on carts that use the Excel Drive System

Mine is a PD1208-XXXXX cart and they have nothing for the PD or PH carts

Dale D

PS: The Plum Quick motor works on the PD or PH carts
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #30
Billy Hale
Not Yet Wild

Anon155, are do you have a lift and bigger tires, or are you at stock tire size and height?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car