lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo rxv parking brake assembly

Try replacing the fwd reverse switch Way to sensitive contacts. Around $30.00
stretchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ive noticed just how sensitive these RXV are, you cannot flip the key switch fast and never have your foot on the gas/brake pedals while turning the switch from any position, you need to switch the key slowly and wait before putting on the throttle after you here the solenoid click on, then you can go. Some have been like this to me and others have not. Not the same problem but check the rear hubs for proper torque, and the check the axle bearings. Also if you have the brake assy with black stripe its the older unit or if it has the metal brake release handle on the end cap, it should be replaced with the newer style unit that will be unpainted alum. housing.
stretchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #13
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Have you removed the brake from the motor and cleaned it. If it dose fix the problem it will work for a short period of time but a new brake is the fix. You should be able to pick them up for under $200. Not sure what you mean by parking brake unless you have gas but this is electric thread.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
Brandonmorris44
Not Yet Wild

It's the parking brake the the brake on the cart works fine but the engine brake doesn't I took it off and it still does it but I'm assuming the engine brake ( parking brake is not sending the proper signal telling the cart it can move I did take it a part and cleaned it but it didn't help much . Where an I find on for 200 ? Are you pretty sure that will fix the problem? And the cart has been dieing too like one of the batteries is very weak maybe . Probably the one with the lights hooked to it far drivers side . Where can I get a replacement battery at for decent price is it just a 12v 30 amp cart battery any brand will work right
Brandonmorris44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

With the key in the N position tow/run switch in tow you should see 18 volts at the two wire plug. Then there should be 27 ohms +or- 3 at the connector on the brake. The rxv uses a 5 volt system to run the functions of the cart. Any dirt in these sensors will throw the signal off going back to the controller and cause problems. Also I've seen if the accelerator pedal does not retrieve all the way it will cause problems during startup
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #16
Rwillden
Not Yet Wild

Don't bother contacting EZGO. They told me they couldn't discuss cart repairs with me due to "liability reasons" and that I had to contact the dealer. The only problem is the dealer is the only dealer within 300 miles and is a douchebag. They won't do anything without a credit card on file, and your first born as a deposit. These RXV's are super sensitive, and had I know how sensitive, I never would have bought one.
Rwillden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

MM, is that 18 volts at the plug or 48 ??
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #18
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the above post by Marathon Man is talking about disconnecting the plug into the brake mounted to the motor I get 48 volts not 18 on my cart and it is working.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I thought it might be a typo but was not sure..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #20
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

According to the manual I use everyday it says 18 volts I've seen them 12 to 48 volts but it is an ezgo manual lol.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO