lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2016, 09:58 AM   #21
AubAlum0509
Getting Wild

Default Re: Electrical questions (voltmeter and voltage reducers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patela2oh View Post
That is correct,

Rather than burden 1 unit I would rather divide the load over 2 units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh, a couple of questions

1. Why do you want to read voltage from converter instead of the battery pack?

2. Are you sure you want a voltage meter, and not a amperage meter to read across the converters? The voltage across the converter should always be close to 12.0V, but the amperage would vary greatly depending on what accessories you wish to run off the converters. As you said previously, LEDs, have almost no amperage draw, so that is not an issue, but the amp and head unit would have significant draws, depending on the size of head unit and especially the size of the amp. You very easily could max out a 30 amp converter, so your original thinking of needing 2 is correct. However, what you are stating is that you want to put a voltage gauge connected to both converters. That just doesn't make sense, as they both should read 12V, as long as they have enough voltage to operate. You seem to be neglecting the bigger picture, that you really need the voltage to be read across the battery pack, which if I am not mistaking, is a 48V pack.

I cannot really explain any further, until I get more specifics from you. Give me a web link, or make and model of the head unit, converters, and amp you plan to use. I am bored at work, and actually have the time to figure this out for you, free of charge. FYI, I am an electrical engineer, and do similar set ups for a living.
AubAlum0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #22
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

Great idea

Voltmeter was to read battery pack... But they only make 18v meters so I'd have to have 1 meter per 2 8v batteries... I'm letting this dream go as it was mostly aesthetic and only marginally functional even though i would look bad a!#.

Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:30 PM   #23
JaycoGoGo
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by patela2oh View Post
...and tv (possibly)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459380611.341223.jpg
JaycoGoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:11 AM   #24
AubAlum0509
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patela2oh View Post
Great idea

Voltmeter was to read battery pack... But they only make 18v meters so I'd have to have 1 meter per 2 8v batteries... I'm letting this dream go as it was mostly aesthetic and only marginally functional even though i would look bad a!#.

This is what I was thinking. I agree, it would look great having all those tricked out gauges filling up the dash. My suggestion, would be to fill it up with other gauges, that are still round and would fill the holes nicely. I would put some stuff that you might actually use though. There are several different types of gauges you could put in there.

GPS Speed, electrical Compass, roll and pitch inclinometer, amperage draw, temperature, odometer, trip odometer, etc...

Those little square LED voltage meters are awesome. I installed one recently, and love it. I got it for less than $5 from ebay, and wired it to key switch. I can easily tell when it is time to head to the charger.

don't get down that I thought the idea you had was Ludacris, as I agree, it would look neat, but it would have been very impractical. Another idea, is, if you put in a spare battery to run accessories off of, you could use the round 18V gauge then to meter that one specific battery, and know when it was time to turn the tunes, or TV off.

Keep posting, the more active members on here, the better, IMO.
AubAlum0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:57 PM   #25
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

You read my mind; thinking of adding clock, motor temp, gps speed

Old 03-31-2016, 10:52 PM   #26
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

I saw that some put a extra 12 battery in front under the cowl

Any instructables on this? Suggestions? How do I charge it?

Has any one put a extra battery under the sweater box space?

Old 04-01-2016, 01:05 PM   #27
Aauman88
Gone Wild

Here is mine before I'm done. The Bluetop Optima I ised in my street cart was easier to fit but costs twice as much

Just have to enlarge this hole

Like this

Here's my 12v acc batt charger under seat. It gets powered when my onboard pack charger is powered

Aauman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #28
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

1) bad ***

2) so you wired it to your existing pack? Can you tell me how?

I'm looking at the excide marine. 3 cell units for space.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #29
Aauman88
Gone Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...edents-10.html

See last post. Explains it pretty well but it's not wired to my pack

And thanks

I don't have pics of the optima behind the dash of my streetcart but it fit with minimal trimming. Five years later I have never had an issue with the aux batt on it and it's same setup just different (better) battery
Aauman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:12 AM   #30
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

For some reason that link comes up bad...

"It's gets powered when my onboard pack charger is powered".... How did you wire this?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car