lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Default Checking Motor

I have a 2000 Club car electric and last year I rewired with new wiring harness, new solenoid, new pedal assembly and new Alltrax XCT300 iq controller. Well that lasted for a while now it won't run again. Is there a way to by pass everything and check to see if the motor is still good? Put new batteries in about a month ago and ran like a charm but dead as hammer now.

When I engage the throttle the controller throws a code for low voltage. Batteries are fully charged and when I test across all of them I get 50.4 volts..
Is there a way to check to see if Solenoid is good?
Is it possible this new controller has already gone bad?

Thanks for any help

Last edited by Mountieman; 06-22-2018 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Not finished
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2018, 09:47 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Checking Motor

Yes there is a way to test the motor. Look in the "stickies" you will find the procedure.

I see you have a 2000 model. There were a lot of changes and variants about that time.

You will need to post what you have for people to help.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Sounds like you had a Regen (Power Drive Plus) cart and installed an IQ harness on it which allowed the IQ controller installation.

(Cart jacked up, key on, rocker switch in Fwd, and pedal depressed)
At the solenoid small posts do the following:
1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get 48vdc
2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue/white stripe wire and the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get 48vdc

If you are getting those then solenoid should be closing. If it is not, remove the wires from the 2 small posts and check the 2 posts for continuity across them. If none, the energizing coil is bad and the solenoid needs to be replaced. If the coil shows continuity, but the solenoid is not closing, tap on the side of it gently and see if it actuates, if it does not, then you will have to replace it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #4
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks NolFan.. I will try that first thing in the morning and check back. Oh and by the way, the wife is the biggest Gator fan to ever live. She drives me crazy with all the stuff.. Im not a gator fan so you can still help me.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:28 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yeah, tell her the cart is a total loss and she will have to deliver it to Tallahassee and pay homage to the FSU faithful, and at that time, the cart will be restored....
Old 06-22-2018, 10:37 PM   #6
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Yes there is a way to test the motor. Look in the "stickies" you will find the procedure.

I see you have a 2000 model. There were a lot of changes and variants about that time.

You will need to post what you have for people to help.
I looked in the stickies for electric club car and did not find the procedure but I will keep looking on the web.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:43 PM   #7
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Connect your laptop and see what your low voltage setting is. I have mine set at 40v.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:50 PM   #8
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Connect your laptop and see what your low voltage setting is. I have mine set at 40v.
Actually tried to do that but all my laptops in my house are Apple products. My son did have an old Dell but is eat up with Viruses so could not download the toolkit. I will try again Sunday when he gets home.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:44 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
I looked in the stickies for electric club car and did not find the procedure but I will keep looking on the web.
It will not matter if your solenoid is not activating as that is the gate-keeper of your current path. Check it as noted above and if it checks out, I will be glad to give you some steps for checking your motor, but remember, it is at the end of the daisy chain... Lots of things in front of it.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:12 AM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
It will not matter if your solenoid is not activating as that is the gate-keeper of your current path. Check it as noted above and if it checks out, I will be glad to give you some steps for checking your motor, but remember, it is at the end of the daisy chain... Lots of things in front of it.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car