lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2019, 04:15 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 Precedent shudders but doesn't move

Maybe scottyb can measure the resistance of the coil terminals prior to activating the solenoid to see if the L2 coil is stuck in Series with the L1 coil.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #22
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Great job ScottyB!
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #23
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just has a mzj400 failure on my precedent. Reactively light use. Did run on a Lithium pack, not sure if related . Installed solenoid only a few months ago. Is there a better option than the mzj400 or was it just a Bad batch that had these failures?
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:20 AM   #24
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro22 View Post
Just has a mzj400 failure on my precedent. Reactively light use. Did run on a Lithium pack, not sure if related . Installed solenoid only a few months ago. Is there a better option than the mzj400 or was it just a Bad batch that had these failures?
If the wires aren't installed properly to the solenoid terminals, premature failure can occur. See this thread for more info: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=110199
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:12 AM   #25
barrym
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to jump in at this late(r) stage.

My DS is older but I have/had the same experience, solenoid changed about 2 years ago and running ok since.

However one of my (Trojan) batteries shows low on a voltmeter (about 6.7) when all the others are more than 8, when charged. The shuddering happens when I try to move.

Then, if I charge up for (say) half an hour, off we go.....!

Solenoid clicks even when in "shuddering" mode but if charged solenoid clicks and it moves.

Is it the 'tired' battery?

TIA, Barry
barrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:52 AM   #26
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrym View Post
Sorry to jump in at this late(r) stage.

My DS is older but I have/had the same experience, solenoid changed about 2 years ago and running ok since.

However one of my (Trojan) batteries shows low on a voltmeter (about 6.7) when all the others are more than 8, when charged. The shuddering happens when I try to move.

Then, if I charge up for (say) half an hour, off we go.....!

Solenoid clicks even when in "shuddering" mode but if charged solenoid clicks and it moves.

Is it the 'tired' battery?

TIA, Barry
In your case it probably is that low battery. The "shudder" is low voltage at the controller and motor. Those with the solenoid issue are seeing it because the solenoid doesn't allow the power from the battery pack to connect to the controller & motor. In your case that low battery is giving you a low voltage across the entire pack. Fresh off the charger, before the batteries settle, the other batteries can temporarily bring the voltage high enough to run - but just barely & only for a very short time.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:12 AM   #27
barrym
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 2014 Precedent shudders but doesn't move

Many thanks.

As I suspected. It does run for the few Km that I have tested it for, but I didn't push it.http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/image.../separator.gif

Barry
barrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car