lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
KeithR2
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ GO Txt -Battery Issues?

I have an older EZ GO Txt I picked up pretty cheap on FB marketplace a couple weeks ago. It seems to ride for about 30 minutes or so and its pretty slow. I use it for riding the kids down to a little lake in my neighborhood..roads have very little slope but you can feel the cart go even slower on the upward parts. It sounds as though I am needing a new set of batteries, but I wanted to get your opinion on a set I am looking at.

I found a guy local to me that is selling a set of 6x 6Volt Deep Cycle U.S Batteries - Made in America (Red and white case) for $425. They look like new and are only 6 months old.

Please take a look at my cart and let me know if you have any input or suggestions!

Also, I believe I am running show due to batteries but I was curious to know if these carts have any type of governor adjustments or not. I am hopeful that when replacing the batteries I will see a better speed without needing to look for any adjustments.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8788.jpg (224.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8738.jpg (226.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8739.jpg (214.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8787.jpg (215.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8737.jpg (213.0 KB, 0 views)
KeithR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: EZ GO Txt -Battery Issues?

Batteries and cables look pretty bad...I would do both...Put a meter on each battery and drive it while watching the meter..Any that drop below 5v are bad...That's a good load test...Your cart is a 36 volt 1987...Last 2 digits of the manuf #...U.S batteries are good quality..Just be careful with used ones..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

to BGW

You've got a solid cart, that's a 1997 TXT. It is a series cart, which are slow by nature. 12 mph on level ground is about all they'll do. Like movin-on said, I also recommend replacing the battery cables when you replace the batteries.

U.S. batteries are good, just make sure to properly maintain them- checking water levels and verifying all terminals are tight each month.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:30 PM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

You got a great little workhorse of a cart. They don't make them like these older ones anymore. Like they said above, go ahead and replace the cables, that may be as much of the problem as the old batteries and learn how to take care of the batteries, (See the Stickey section of this forum) and this will last you a long time!
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:30 PM   #5
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yup 1997...My error...Thanks for the correction Jake...Must have had a spot on my laptop..lol...
Also check the forward/reverse switch contacts for any damage as all the amps go through that switch on the way to the motor......
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:36 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Yup 1997...My error...Thanks for the correction Jake...Must have had a spot on my laptop..lol...
No worries!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car