lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2020, 09:19 PM   #1
Macman
Not Yet Wild

Default How to Disable Anti Tamper

I've got a 2014 Club Car Precedent purchased from a used cart dealer in 2017. In the past several weeks it began to exhibit a problem... when I press the accelerator, nothing happens. No solenoid click, nothing. Press the accelerator repeatedly and eventually the cart goes and then is fine. Sometimes all is as it should be, sometimes it only takes a few times depressing the accelerator, sometimes many. Usually once going it was fine, but recently, even if I've driven it a bit, then stop momentarily, the same thing happens - it takes several times depressing the accelerator before the cart moves.

Today a repairman came by and pulled codes. The code tells him it is the anti-tamper mechanism that is causing this. He confirmed, the code is set to 0 - he even bumped it up and down to 3 and back but nothing he did would allow him to disable this. Says it's the first time in 5 years of working on carts he has seen this issue.

I don't understand why the cart worked fine for almost 2 years before this problem showed up. That said, any ideas on how to eliminate this issue? I'm not trying to steal the cart - I own it but it would be nice for it to go when I need it to, not when it decides it wants to. I'm guessing it was part of a country club/course fleet that was refurbished and sold. Surely this is like "Find my iPhone" and can be disabled?
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2020, 10:27 PM   #2
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How to Disable Anti Tamper

that kinda sounds like an issue with the MCOR.....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:12 PM   #3
Hkspwrsche
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
that kinda sounds like an issue with the MCOR.....
Yep
Hkspwrsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:29 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Test the MCOR Microswitch by unpluging the two pin connector from the MCOR (under the floor and by the pedal) and jump out the connector with a paper clip or a small piece of wire. It will be a blue wire and green wire connector. If it runs with the jumper in place, your MCOR has failed. Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Knew I had seen something like this here before...

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=145646
Two settings related to the GPS systems they used on the golf models. I would make sure they are both set to 0 as mentioned in the thread above.
Jumping the MCOR is quick and easy to test. Worth a shot to be sure.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:51 PM   #6
Macman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks All. Repairman suspects MCOR but - and I can only repeat what he's telling me... "The handset I have (OEM level 1313) shows all the inputs and outputs, including the foot switch referenced in the blue and green wire plug, check."

I note the other thread referenced above says both control mode and anti tamper must be set at zero and the repairman says he has seen that and says he is "not 100 percent on control setting" which I'm interpreting to mean he cant be sure it was at zero. Says he thinks it was at 1 and he changed to 0 but he's not sure.

I've shared with him the comments here so far and he's consulting someone else and says he'll be back by tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:06 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Control = 0 instructs the controller to ignore any signals in the LIN bus which is where the anti-tamper signal would be received.

I assume you no longer have the Visage system attached to the top of your windshield so it cannot be an actual anti-tamper protocol packet being received by the controller so the controller must still be expecting data like GPS to come in the LIN bus.

Hopefully that is the issue.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:38 AM   #8
Macman
Not Yet Wild

You are correct, the Visage system was removed, I assume, by the dealer who sold it. Never been present on the cart since I bought it. So are you saying setting the controller to 0 should resolve the issue? (I think the repairman tried that and it did not though he plans to do that today.)

Would a certain fix be to just replace the MCOR with a new one that has never been exposed to the Visage system?
Old 05-28-2020, 12:00 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The setting 'control=0' means there is no external device like the Visage that can send any commands to the Controller.

My understand is that as long as that setting is enabled, the Controller expects data in the LIN bus, that setting is the master setting, the anti-tamper is just one of the sub-functions but it should also be disabled.

You may have a defective MCOR micro-switch as well, which would cause the exact behavior you have described due to its internal double-switch layout.

After you clear the anti-tamper errors if the problem persists, just test the MCOR by by-passing the micro-switch as described in previous posts and if that fixes the issue replace the MCOR with an OEM version, not a Chinese knock-off sold by many dealers.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:12 PM   #10
Macman
Not Yet Wild

OK, thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car