lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2020, 04:29 AM   #1
iknownothing
Not Yet Wild

Default 48V Curtis DC controller compatability

Hello,

We have a 2008 club car serial number PH0833-943756 that lost drive, after some diagnostics a decision was made to replace the motor controller. The car had a 1515-5201 curtis controller part number: 103403401 and the replacement module that we received is 1510A-5255 part number: 102806203 which we wore told is an analogue and that the old controller 1515-5201 no longer available.
After connecting the new controller the car wouldn´t drive and there´s a fault code for throttle signal .
I was wondering is this a direct replacement or there should be some changes to the wiring made?

tl;dr

can a 1510A-5255 replace a 1515-5201

thanks in advance for any imformation
iknownothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2020, 06:25 AM   #2
iknownothing
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48V Curtis DC controller compatability

After a longer search i found this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The 1515 is for the Excel system and the 1510 for the IQ.

The speed sensor should not have worked on your buddy's cart using the 1515 controller as the pin-outs are different and the negative for the speed sensor would not be available.

The Excel controller (1515) would also not allow for a speed magnet to be installed, which is a cheap way to increase the speed of the 2002 IQ cart using the 1510 controller.

You may also have throttle issues down the road as the 1515 uses slight different throttle voltages.
The 1515 is for the Excel system and the 1510 for the IQ.
I´m just puzzled why did the curtis supplier sent me 1510 saying that it was supeceeded from 1515
iknownothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48V Curtis DC controller compatability

If You cannot return that Controller, the harness can be modified to use the IQ controller.

You would need to locate and remove three resistors from the throttle harness and another minor change to the speed sensor negative wire.

If You can return the Controller, and Alltrax XCT controller is a better replacement option and it works with either system.

Unfortunately the Golf Cart industry in general is a desert of technical knowledge, I recommend You use one of our site sponsors as they are 'proven' experts.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1510a-5255, 1515-5201, curtis
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car