lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
kevinenglund
Not Yet Wild

Default club car headlight problem

i have a club car with a front center headlight, the tail lights and blinkers work but the headlight does not. I have removed the headlight and look at both bulbs which look ok. can they still be bad or is there another area I need to look at ? thanks for any info you may have
kevinenglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2020, 11:19 AM   #2
minimac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: club car headlight problem

Those should be a Halogen with the single wire, correct? It's hard to tell by looking at them. Make sure they are being powered. If you replace them, DO NOT touch the bulbs barehanded.
minimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:52 PM   #3
kevinenglund
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info, I have power to socket. someone told me it would be a ground problem but if that is the case why would tail and blinkers still work.
p.s. I saw the last post to late I pulled bulb with bare hand. sounds like that may be a problem is it ?
Old 11-19-2020, 01:58 PM   #4
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinenglund View Post
Thanks for the info, I have power to socket. someone told me it would be a ground problem but if that is the case why would tail and blinkers still work.
p.s. I saw the last post to late I pulled bulb with bare hand. sounds like that may be a problem is it ?
Just use a lens wipe or alcohol swab or the like to clean the glass and remove any fingerprints or grease. It'll be fine, then be careful or wear gloves when handling the bulb when re-installing.
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:35 PM   #5
kevinenglund
Not Yet Wild

thanks, will do.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:39 PM   #6
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Touch the bulb doesn't make them not work instantly, so don't think that's your issue. The issue with touching the bulb is the oils on your hands get on the bulb. After running the bulb for a while they heat up and the oils from your hands on it can cause the bulb to crack.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car