lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
madmatt6988
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart loses power

I apologize if this has already been covered and i missed it. My mom has a Ez Go golf cart and I havent had a chance to get a model number and look up the year it is yet, but I know its an older one. Anyway, its electric and ran just fine between chargings until a while back. Not it will cut in and out of power while driving and seems like it doesn't cut out sometimes when you let off the pedal. She just told me today that she went to get it and it wouldn't move at all, which is bad cause it's along way from the charger. Anyone have any idea what this might be before I go take a look at it? Never had to mess with an electric motor set up before so looking for a starting point. Thanks.
madmatt6988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart loses power

Most likely dirty corroded connections. Bring a small wire brush or some cloth sand paper. Probably work fine after all the connections are refreshed at the batteries AND the forward / reverse switch. then check the water levels and recharge.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Cart loses power

Welcome to the forum madmatt6988..................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, ez go, won't move
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO