lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #11
lambda02960
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lifting '09 CarryAll LSV 6 Can it be done?

Also, did you guy see the Oklahoma Supreme Court overturned the decision to pay 50% tax credits to all the folks who bought just simply golf carts with turn signals. Starting to look like the Club Car Carryall's were a good choice after all as they are still on the approved list. Will be interesting to see how that ends up for folks.
lambda02960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Lambda, did you have to guy longer brake lines? Is the front wheel base width wider than the rear? What type of lift did it come with for the rear?
I live in the Mustang/Yukon area by the way. I bought my "car" after the controversy began, and when the tax commission said they were not "paying" for cart style cars. I , like you, went with the Carryall due to an approval letter and not wanting to buy chinese made crap. Let me tell ya, there is no way I would pay $14k for this thing, hell my wifes Honda Fit costs the same amount. They are making a killing on these things !
I only wish I had enough slow roads to safely drive to work from my house, but perhaps if I move any time soon I will be able to . Until then it sure is fun to tool around my
hood and acreage ! It might be my last chance to keep any of my money in the near future, so I had to get one!
rustyoldcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #13
lambda02960
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I didnt have to get longer brake lines. It is borderline and the lines are just long enough to make it work. If the lift was any bigger than 6 it definitely woudl require longer brake lines. I may get some longer lines in the future, but I honestly think they are OK. The front wheelbase is just a little bit wider than the rear (1.5" per side), however it doesnt look odd at all with the bigger tires. The lift on the rear is your standard block lift that lifts the rear axle, the block doesnt do anything for the suspension but it works well and doesnt require any rewiring of the motor components. I can relate to the 35mph hour road thing. Wish there were more of them. However, around my house I drive on some of the less traveled 40mph roads and at 30mph I dont find myself disrupting traffic at all. ALso, I have found that the OKC officers have many other things to do other than pull over some nut like me driving 30 on a 40 mph hour street. (Thanks Guys, we appreciate what you do everyday. Seriously!!).

They are making a killing of these things. I understand its commercial grade and has the extended battery, but its still not worth 14k. We are thinking the same thing. Ive had a great time with mine. By the way, if your adding the lift and putting for the effort, you might as well put a stereo in it. I have a "jump pack" with a 12V out that I use to power the 4-speaker sound. I bought a Sony Explode bundle at Wal-mart for $90. Was a solid price for 4 speakers that sound great (and it should for how big the cab is) head unit/CD/Mp3 with aux in so I can plug my Iphone in. Enjoy.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #14
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Let me ask you yet another inane question, the "6" lift, is it an actual 6 increase in suspension, or is that an overall "6" with tire size increase included. I ask cause the dealer
I got my cart from threw in a "6" Z style lift for cheap (the type that requires cutting the frame). It looks like what it does is move the front part of the frame down about 3.5 inches, and out 3" to clear 22" tires. They call this a 6 inch lift, but it is really 3.5 plus 2 of tire lift , with 4" larger tires, 2 inches lift from the tires.
I am trying to get the minimum amount of lift needed to clear these 22 inch tires I bought, and see that allsport offers a 4 inch and 6 inch lift. Perhaps I should stop bugging you and call them : )
I agree with you on the stereo, and I will add one now for sure !!!
I wonder if our cars have a 12 volt out anywhere that would power one hardwired?
I would think it might get tricky since it is a 48 volt system, but then again I wonder if the body is even the ground considering it is an AC system?
That AC really threw me for a loop. Did you read the specs on the rpm , 6800rpm max!!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #15
lambda02960
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It is an actual 6" lift in the suspension and is almost exactly 6". I had to take exact measurements because if they were off by a half inch, the electric car would not fit in the garage due to the roof rack, tires, lift and everything combined. The suspension also pushes the wheel base forward about 2" which offers decent travel for the tires.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #16
lambda02960
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

after tires, suspension lift, and wheels, there was about 8" of total height added to vehicle. The suspension was 6" and I went from 18" tires to 22" inch tires.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
fire94sfd
Not Yet Wild

Hello, I had a thought about the radio install. I used to work in a warehouse where I was on a forklift all day so I rigged up a stereo on the forklift. The way we did it back then was to put alligator clips on the end of the wires and went from the ground of one six volt battery to the positive on the next battery in sequence, making a total of 12 volts. You could probably hard wire it in the same way and just not use the clips. Not sure if it would work the same on the cart I havn't looked at my carryall 2 yet to see but just thought I would throw it out there for you to check into.
fire94sfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambda02960 View Post
after tires, suspension lift, and wheels, there was about 8" of total height added to vehicle. The suspension was 6" and I went from 18" tires to 22" inch tires.
Hey Lambda. I know this is an old thread, but do you know who you talked to at rocky top carts? I ordered and received their lift kit and got the wrong one after a long wait. I am not sure if you are still on this board or not. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:30 PM   #19
mccolmn1
Not Yet Wild

I know this post is crazy old but I just got a 2010 Carryall 2 LSV and I want to lift it up to be able to take it out on our acerage and not bottom out. I've tried to contact allsports and they tell me they don't make the kit anymore and won't do a custom order. Could someone send me some pictures of the brackets that mount the calipers so I could have some custom made locally? Could I cut and reuse the brackets on the stock spindles? Any other suggestions? I'm about out of ideas and ready to give up. Help please!
mccolmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #20
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think this is what your talking about so I'll try to answer. I had the situation where I lifted my cart and I couldn't get any info from Allsports or Jakes about adapting my old disc brakes to the new lift. Finally I decided to take my spindles to a machine shop and explain what I needed done. I did one at a time to avoid confusion. I put as many markings on them to help. Top,bottom,left right. Got the first one done and it fit great so I got the second one done. Anyway they cut the caliper holder off the old spindle and welded it onto the new. Pictures attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM009063.jpg (255.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IM009073.jpg (216.4 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car