lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #31
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 PDS SRT-8 Build

Yes they are a big PITA to remove. More than likely going to cut them off! Well change of plans takin it allllll the way down to the frame and going to have it powdercoated. Did not like the undercoat stuff one bit plus it's nOT tough at all.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2011, 02:19 AM   #32
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well guys, I am finally gettign around to posting p some pictures. I tore it down pretty far and applied the rubberized under coating which you can see in the pictures below and I did not like it. So the tear down continues to get bare frame so I can get it all powder coated...

I am still stuck as to I am not sure what parts I need to order first in order to get this thing put back together so I can add the BLING and pretty stuff. I guess first things first I need to get the frame powder coated and the body painted. Also change out the shocks and see whats going on with the steering and what not. I have already pulled the hubs and cleaned them out. Going to drop the front axle and leafs and rear axle and leafs on monday hopefully and will have pictures to follow that progress....

Here is my Chrysler 300C SRT-8 and My Girls SRT-8 Dodge Charger. The charger is the car that the golf cart is being more or less modeled after...

Tear Down:

Future spot for my optima yellow top:

Rack was caked with concrete:

Old 07-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #33
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Pictures were taken with my iphone so sorry if the quality is not up to par.

Just getting it ready to be blasted and coated!!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #34
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It almost looks like that cart went swimming at some time. There is stuff in places I almost cant imagine it getting to.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #35
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Holy cow Colt... what river did you fish that cart out of? by the way, the Iphone pics were brilliant, some of the cleanest pics I have seen....

Talk to LostHusker on the forums here as he just recently had his powdercoated so he may have a tip or 2 about things you may want to remove or leave on. One thing for certain, if that is the original battery tray (and it looks like it is), you should remove it before powder coating and have it coated seperately (or replace it with a new aluminum setup which are readily available now).
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #36
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well to be honest I got it out of the Great Lakes.... I am just kidding. The majority of the stuff you see is dirt and concrete. There was harldy and rust on the cart except some minor surface rust. I never got around to pressure washing it, just rinsed it off with a water hose, so I never got it real clean like I had stated I was going to..( I cheated) well that is why its getting blasted. I am thinking that the previous owner was in the concrete business or some sort of construction business, because the cart was caked with that crap. I found concrete rocks up in the dash and stuff it was narly. It also had a manual dump bed on it so it really just needs to be properly cleaned. Which eventually I will get too!! So I have been working 75-80 hours a week and just havent really had any alone time with the cart, but I will on Monday. So more pics to come. Going to pressure wash the floor boards and prolly paint them if they need to be painted. Hopefully Lost Husker will chime in to this thread... Have not heard much from him. And have a decent amount of questions for him. I guess I will have to shoot him a PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #37
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
So I have been working 75-80 hours a week and just havent really had any alone time with the cart, but I will on Monday.
you do realize our carts can be just as jealous as our wives right? you have to spend quality time with these beasts..... lmao
Old 07-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #38
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

HAHHAHAHHAAH For real. Youre telling me. When I am not working I am working on the golf cart. She is getting ANGRY quick. LOL so rabbit other than the obvious first things like frame coating and body painting. Whats my next step in the process? Floors or what? Suspension and steering?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:02 AM   #39
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

since you have it stripped down, I would do the suspension and steering next. It'll be a whole lot easier with the body off.

Have you given thought to aftermarket bodies or are you going to go back to the factory one?
Old 07-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #40
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am going back with factory. Those **** bodies are expensive as hell!! But yes I did thing about all that and changing and or making a body. Allthoug money is not real tight, thst is not in my budget. lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO