lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #1
King Matt
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 08 RXV not charging

I got a 08 RXV 48v cart with a charging issue, the red light on the charger flashes twice. The batteries are at 48 volts and i already replaced the charge receptacle. Never messed with one of these so any help or wiring diagrams would be appreciated.
Thanks
King Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 RXV not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Matt View Post
I got a 08 RXV 48v cart with a charging issue, the red light on the charger flashes twice. The batteries are at 48 volts and i already replaced the charge receptacle. Never messed with one of these so any help or wiring diagrams would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sounds like it's time for a DPI Accusense charger

http://shop.cartsunlimited.net/DPI-A...harger-DPI.htm

I bought one for my RXV, it's the best!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:23 AM   #3
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

I believe the two red flashes mean battery pack is either under voltage or way over voltage. Check all of your connections on the batteries and make sure everything is good and clean. Also check for continuity on the gray wire from the charge receptacle to the main pack positive. Hope this helps.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:14 AM   #4
King Matt
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
I believe the two red flashes mean battery pack is either under voltage or way over voltage. Check all of your connections on the batteries and make sure everything is good and clean. Also check for continuity on the gray wire from the charge receptacle to the main pack positive. Hope this helps.
What terminal in the charge port would i use to check continuity on the grey wire? Right now the battery pack is at 46.6v i assume that should be enough to start charging. I did install another new charge port because the first one i received was defective, no voltage on the blue wire.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #5
King Matt
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Sounds like it's time for a DPI Accusense charger

http://shop.cartsunlimited.net/DPI-A...harger-DPI.htm

I bought one for my RXV, it's the best!
Is there a difference between TXT and RXV chargers? I tried a known good TXT charger also but it still did the same thing so i assumed the charger was good. Do RXV's got known problems with the factor chargers?
Old 10-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #6
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just ohm out the gray wire from the back of the charge port to the main pack positive. I believe it has a rectangular black plastic end on that wire where it connects to the battery. I think that rectangle is a resistor or something and if it is open, the battery charger will get two red flashes. I had it do that on one of my neighbors carts last year. I had to replace the wiring from the charge port to the battery pack to get it to work.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #7
King Matt
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
Just ohm out the gray wire from the back of the charge port to the main pack positive. I believe it has a rectangular black plastic end on that wire where it connects to the battery. I think that rectangle is a resistor or something and if it is open, the battery charger will get two red flashes. I had it do that on one of my neighbors carts last year. I had to replace the wiring from the charge port to the battery pack to get it to work.
I peeled apart the gray wire on the original charge port (not trying to ruin another new one yet) and found a red and a black wire, neither of them had continuity to the battery terminal and about 12k ohms from red to black. Any idea what it should be?
Old 10-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #8
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think it was almost a dead short measuring from the back of the receptacle to the battery, so just very few ohms if I remember correctly. I was able to get the entire wiring harness from a local dealer to replace it.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:05 PM   #9
King Matt
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I replaced the original receptacle and wiring with a new one, then after some testing i found that there was no power supply to the blue wire, so i proceeded to replace it again
Old 10-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #10
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

How old are the batteries? I had the same error, the batteries weren’t hold a charge. Put new ones in and the error went away. Load tested those old ones and dropped 2 volts in a couple seconds, wouldn’t hold a full charge when charging them separately either
Scoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO