lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2020, 12:15 PM   #91
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Want 7 more Leaf Modules...knew this would happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Lithiums should not be operated below 32 degrees F. They can be stored colder than that but they should not be charged or discharged. EV's (except Leaf) have battery warmers. Leaf suffered badly in hot and cold climates.
That may be true if the actual battery temperature goes below 32 degrees.....but in my on-occasion of looking at the battery temps while out in the field, I've never seen it drop that low.

OTOH, Nissan Leaf's have been out there in all types of climates from cold to hot and, albeit have had issues under extreme hot (95 and above in parking lots in AZ) the batteries have not caught fire.

In my two years of winter hunting my 7 modules are still working fine.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #92
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

As long as you don't have them soak in real cold weather they will be fine. I am in Arizona and the Leaf was a big failure here. Batteries failed very quickly. Not catching fire but losing their ability to take a charge. The batteries are good but overall, the design of the Leaf was very poor for dealing with temperature extremes.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:59 PM   #93
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Thanks V_A. I did at one time toy with the idea of using a small 12V heater or even a "wrap blanket", again 12V and run that off of my 12V accessory Marine battery.

Haven't done it yet.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:18 AM   #94
Joelwdryden
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Looking good! Now....the real test is will you be happy with the run time.....distance?
In the first test (golf outing). I drove 3 miles round trip to the course and about 3.5 miles. My pack voltage starting out was 40.8. when 8 got home i was about 39.7. I'd say that's excellent. I haven't charged it back up to see how many ah were used.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Joelwdryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #95
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelwdryden View Post
In the first test (golf outing). I drove 3 miles round trip to the course and about 3.5 miles. My pack voltage starting out was 40.8. when 8 got home i was about 39.7. I'd say that's excellent. I haven't charged it back up to see how many ah were used.
Great!!
Old 03-22-2020, 10:26 AM   #96
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Laying out and drilling my Buss-bars.

Old 03-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #97
DaveTM
Gone Wild

With some help from the Mrs., I got the existing pack out and removed all BMS connections. Thought I'd share the lift out method. Now, I had all of this chain, pulley, and used the rear cart winch to make it work. Came out easy and now to dis-assemble it as it sits and move the modules over to a work table for re-assembly, balancing, etc. All done for today. Just gonna relax and wait for wine-thirty.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #98
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok, I think I already "know" the answer to this question.....but I would appreciate it if I can ask for some other input.

I'm installing a 14-module pack and I have fastened the pack together using 8mm all-thread. Now, the 14-M pack will just fit into the treated wood box I made. In order to support the pack I've cut two of the Leaf pack metal "end" brackets so the pack will be about 1" above the wooden box floor. If you look at the pic's below you can see the front and rear "U" of the bracket that the pack's lower 8MM all-thread will reside.

So, my question is should I also do the same for the upper 8MM all-thread on both sides? Or is the lower support "enough"? In addition to the two bolts that fasten the plates to the side, the plates also rest on the base of the wooden box.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #99
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I used aluminum angle on each bottom end to mount my 14 module pack three years ago and it has been plenty sturdy so I think mounting yours only at the bottom should be fine.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:12 PM   #100
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Thanks V_Amp. After sitting on my EZ-Chair for a time, I decided to take the other half of the end brackets that I cut, flip them, bolt to the side, cut the bolt holes like the ones on the bottom, and set the upper 8MM all-thread in those. Can't hurt...could help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO