lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
kev1027
Not Yet Wild

Default Installation help

Just received an Extreme Team Lithium battery 48 v 200 ah. When I installed the battery I am not getting power to headlights, turn signal or horn. On my old setup, these got power thru the voltage reducer. I installed the same wires that were 48v on the old batts to the 48v terminals on the new lithium battery. This is not a problem with the new battery. I can get 48v in to the reducer and 12v out of the reducer with a volt meter.

Not sure whats wrong or where to look...I am stumped!

Also what is the single blue wire that was on a neg terminal as seen in the old battery picture? Any idea what its for and where it should be with my new lithium battery?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old batts.jpg (199.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg new batt.jpg (191.8 KB, 0 views)
kev1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2021, 12:34 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Installation help

It looks like they ran the lights off of two of your old FLA batteries. You can probably connect that wire to the 12V out of the reducer to get the lights working but they may have higher voltage bulbs in them since two batteries would have been over 16V.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
kev1027
Not Yet Wild

That blue wire was on a negative terminal, I put it on the 12v negative, did not work.
Old 03-28-2021, 03:40 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It's actually on the positive terminal of the bottom right battery in your picture. (same as neg of the next one over) That would give you 16V on that wire relative to battery negative. (neg of your top right battery) Try hooking it to the +12V output of your reducer and I bet your lights will work.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:24 PM   #5
kev1027
Not Yet Wild

So I did that and the lights and horn are working but the turn signals are not. Any idea why the turn signals are not?
Old 03-28-2021, 06:40 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Check your bulb voltage ratings. It was running on over 16V before - now it's probably much closer to 12V. Turn signal blinkers won't work unless your lights are drawing enough current to cycle them. Are the turn signal lights coming on and just not blinking?
Old 03-29-2021, 05:06 PM   #7
kev1027
Not Yet Wild

I checked all the bulbs for the voltage ratings, but don’t see it. I replaced the 12v flasher relay and the turn signals are now working!
Thanks Volt_Ampere for all your help!!
Old 03-29-2021, 11:40 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Glad you got things working!
Old 04-06-2021, 07:47 AM   #9
irwinj06
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev1027 View Post
Just received an Extreme Team Lithium battery 48 v 200 ah. When I installed the battery I am not getting power to headlights, turn signal or horn. On my old setup, these got power thru the voltage reducer. I installed the same wires that were 48v on the old batts to the 48v terminals on the new lithium battery. This is not a problem with the new battery. I can get 48v in to the reducer and 12v out of the reducer with a volt meter.

Not sure whats wrong or where to look...I am stumped!

Also what is the single blue wire that was on a neg terminal as seen in the old battery picture? Any idea what its for and where it should be with my new lithium battery?

Thanks

Do you have pictures of the install? What all did you have to cut in the battery box to get the battery fit?
irwinj06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:22 AM   #10
kev1027
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, I don't have pictures of the install. I just had to trim a little piece of plastic in the middle of the battery compartment.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car