lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #11
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brivy1900 View Post
How did you get it out? Any videos anywhere with a tutorial? I noticed mine has a tiny chip at the edge and not sure if that would ruin it. Im wondering if I just replace the sensor if it will work with a magnet having a tiny chip. I can post a pic, but not sure how through my mobile app.
What year CC do you have? You talking chip on the magnet or a computer type chip on the edge of the opening? I found it easier to take the wheel well plastic out to get more room. Spray wd-40 or equivilent around magnet and wait 1/2 hour before trying to remove magnet it helps.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #12
brivy1900
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
What year CC do you have? You talking chip on the magnet or a computer type chip on the edge of the opening? I found it easier to take the wheel well plastic out to get more room. Spray wd-40 or equivilent around magnet and wait 1/2 hour before trying to remove magnet it helps.

CartTrader
Its a 2003 from the 27th week, 2004 protocol Precedent. The chip im referring to is like its broken. you

Here is a link for a pic.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yaj9ipscpd...612_140256.jpg
brivy1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #13
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok magnet is chipped. Yes it will work just fine with that chip. I take it that is the original magnet. My PQ motor had 2/3s of the magnet missing or ground off...I don't recommend doing that though. . Again I found that a paint can opener worked great to take the magnet off. Just work all the way around the magnet a little at a time and it will come off if you are going to put the modified magnet on it. Look where the original magnet is and tap the new one down to the same position. I used the back side of a socket and tapped that with a hammer to get it into place. When I took my magnet off, the plastic magnet ring came off the metal ring for some reason as shown in pic.

CartTrader
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1430.jpg (94.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
brivy1900
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Ok magnet is chipped. Yes it will work just fine with that chip. I take it that is the original magnet. My PQ motor had 2/3s of the magnet missing or ground off...I don't recommend doing that though. . Again I found that a paint can opener worked great to take the magnet off. Just work all the way around the magnet a little at a time and it will come off if you are going to put the modified magnet on it. Look where the original magnet is and tap the new one down to the same position. I used the back side of a socket and tapped that with a hammer to get it into place. When I took my magnet off, the plastic magnet ring came off the metal ring for some reason as shown in pic.

CartTrader
Thanks SO MUCH for your help!!
brivy1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #15
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

:

CartTrader
Old 07-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
Bcrabbit3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Is there a particular direction the magnet needs to go in? Is there an inside and outside to the magnet or does it not matter which side is pointing out? I installed mine today and went from 19 mph on a flat surface to 8 mph! Help!
Bcrabbit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #17
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcrabbit3 View Post
Is there a particular direction the magnet needs to go in? Is there an inside and outside to the magnet or does it not matter which side is pointing out? I installed mine today and went from 19 mph on a flat surface to 8 mph! Help!
What year is your cart and what is the the first part of your serial number? If your cart is an Excel the speed magnet does not work. Sounds to me like your cart is in go home limp mode.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #18
Bcrabbit3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I seemed to have messed up my speed sensor when I was getting it out. I just replaced it and tested. Back up to 22 mph on a flat surface!
Bcrabbit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #19
RedRambler
Not Yet Wild

So, does the sensor just pop out as well? What holds it on? I saw where someone took the 2 screws out and found out they should not have........
RedRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:33 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRambler View Post
So, does the sensor just pop out as well? What holds it on? I saw where someone took the 2 screws out and found out they should not have........
The sensor snaps out. Don't take those two screws out next to the sensor unless you want to go fishing for the bearing retainer. The magnet can be removed without taking the motor apart in most cases. It just takes some persuading.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car