lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2024, 02:07 PM   #451
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: OBC Bypassing

Do yourself a favor bypass the dang OBC and get it gone. I didnt do it at first and regretted it. I pulled the OBC and did the wire bypass. I upgraded to Allied lithium and an AllTrax controller and so happy I did .. Oh and I upgraded the solenoid as well. My cart is like an amazing new buggy.. Completely different performer.. thing will stand on its back wheels if I am not careful.
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2024, 04:56 AM   #452
Andych01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Since that is a "Series" cart, there is no Blue/White wires. You do need to remove the Yellow wire that runs to the solenoid, away from the OBC, and land it to B- at the controller or you can cut the Black 10g wire from the OBC that currently runs to B- and butt connect it and the Yellow wire together. This will permanently complete the Negative circuit and without the OBC, you will no longer have the safety circuit that disables the cart while charging on the Powerdrive.

Note- If you cut the Black 10g wire that runs from the Charge Receptacle to the OBC and butt connect it, the 2nd Back 10g wire, and the Yellow wire all together, it will be fully bypassed and you can remove the jumper you have in place and clean up the battery compartment.
OK, there doesnt seem to be a lot of info on the DS Series cart OBC bypass and I believe this post above mostly covers it... but... there are 2 black cables in the split conduit running to the OBC, 1 from the charge receptical and one from what looks to be the controller. There is also the larger black cable from the B- through the OBC.
So, do I cut and re-rout the black from the charge receptical to B- and cut the 10g wire and butt join to the other end of the 10g and include the yellow?
What happens to the black cable to the controller?
The gray wire will be disconnected and cut at the OBC, as will the red and brown.
So my only vague area is the smaller gauge balck wire to the controller.... is it necessary?
Andych01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 03:05 AM   #453
Andych01
Not Yet Wild

OK, so I cleared it up by myself....

The 6G cable that passes through the OBC, I cut it at the B- on the controller and then re-crimped a 3/8 lug onto the cable (after pulling it out of the OBC)

i then cut both the 10G black cables and butt joined them plus I added in the small gauge yellow wire that went to the OBC to the butt join, I crimped it down and then added heat shrink over it as well.
The brown wire running to warning light has been cut but I will re-purpose that wire either as a pull through or one side of an accessory.
The Grey wire was cut and capped right at the charge receptical and removed entirely.
The red wire is a constant 52v so it will probably end up as the feed to my Voltage reducer. That is next on the list along with a battery gauge (shunt style).
Andych01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 11:42 AM   #454
Isosalo
Not Yet Wild

I dont realy get it with the bypass, my Club car DS carryall only have
Grey, green, yellow, red and black from OBC.
No white and blue.

My carts is 1996 DS clubcar.

I figured out that it is Regen 2 without tow/switch

serial A9618

I wanna bypass because I cant get my car to run, Solenoid clicks when i turn key and reverse buzzer goes on in reverse but wont move forward / backwards

Last edited by Isosalo; 03-27-2024 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: filling up with information about my cart,
Isosalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car