lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Weighing my options

The 13hp engine I have in my cart right now is giving me all kind of problems.
1. I have a 4" lift on this cart but it isn't enough to clear the seat frame so I made some drop shackles. Now the shocks aren't long enough.
2. I have tried several ways to hook the throttle up but nothing works. It was perfect once but there isn't enough movement in the throttle cable for that to work.
3. The engine slants back a lot to clear the gas tank that sits on top of it. This makes the back of the engine hit the differential and the clutches be to far away. So I made blocks for it to clear the diff. Now the engine vibrates uncontrollably and it still is in the way of the f/r cable bracketry on the diff.
4. The engine stops but wont start due to a bad kill switch.
5. Where the air box is at it is impossible to take the air filter out and replace it without taking the entire engine out.

I'm just about burnt out trying to get this darn 13hp engine working right. It has a bad kill switch so that gives me an opportunity to return it and buy a Briggs. The engine I have has a 1" shaft with 1/4" key way so that is what I have to work with as far as clutches go. That brings me to this engine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140086965200
Does that engine appear to be a good engine for me?

I want to keep this engine so badly but there comes a time when you relize something just isnt going to work. I need to get this golf cart sold fast and that isnt happening with all these problems.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

For the shocks, get one of the extendor things that has "female" threads on one end and "male" threads on the other, and then use those to "extend the shocks"

I don't know anything about E-Z-GO throttles, so I'm of no help with that.

If it were me, I'd ditch that gas tank and hook up the fuel lines off the gas tank on the cart. Not much you can do about the engine vibration besides mount it on rubber, and put a thin piece between the mounting bolt heads and the block.

Wiring tard=me=no help.

Ditch that air box also and make an adaptor for a breather hose to a remote filter or something of the sort.

And if the one you have is bitchin at you, I'd keep with that because that tall B&S is going to be a royal PITA.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Briggs shouldnt be a problem the motor mount I have is for a briggs. I dont want to give up maybe I'll give it another chance.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Like I said, just look into anything possible and think outside the box. I was just lucky enough to have an engine almost identical come out so a lot of the parts will interchange with a little work. You are starting from scratch. I'll post a picture of my throttle linkage when I get it hooked up, just wait until then and you may be able to try the same. Don't go and rip it out right yet.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
UBERCART
Gone Wild

Call Frank. He has an adapter to drop the front of the engine mount. He will prolly send it for free!
UBERCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!