lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
liftedcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 TXT front shocks bottomed out, no movment.

hello, i just purchased a 02 txt with a 6" spindle lift and noticed the ride from the front was very very stiff. After inspection i found that when u push down on the front of the cart there was no downward suspension movment at all, but when picking up on the cart there is atleast 6" of movement before the tires come off the ground. So i ordered a set of HD front springs, thought the front end was sagging. After replacement of the springs the ride height of the cart increased by 1/2", but still no suspension movment. so i removed the shocks and found them to be completely bottomed out, i had to jack up the cart all the way up and pull down on the axle to remove the shocks. Any idea what is wrong?
Wrong front springs? Wrong shocks? The springs are a HD replacement from Jakes for a 02 txt, same as the ones i took off. The shocks are stock Maeco 70928-Go1.

This is really bugging me, when hitting all the speed bumps in the neighbor you can loose half your beer. :(
liftedcarts is online now Report Post
liftedcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
liftedcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 02 TXT front shocks bottomed out, no movment.

Attached are photos of the suspension, i took of the shocks for inspection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo.jpg (159.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo 2.jpg (192.3 KB, 0 views)
liftedcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO