lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
ianb1
Not Yet Wild

Default '95 ITS troubleshooting

I have a '95 that I have had various problems with and I am now stuck and need help :-(
I have just replaced the brushes as the cart was dead - one of the terminals had become loose and was fried. After replacing the brushes it was still dead. Reading through the troobleshooting guide I was lead to the throttle sensor as I was not getting any voltage on the white pin of the 6 pin conector at the controller.
After popping the lid on the throttle sensor I verified that it was sending 36v once activated but no voltage is present on the white side of the ITS.
Before coughing up the $130+ to replace I want to make sure I am not missing something as it doesn't look like there is much to go wrong on this thing.
Is there a way to test it?
Much thanks in advance

Cheers,

Ian.
ianb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: '95 ITS troubleshooting

Here's some info posted by ScottyB on the ITS: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...agnostics.html
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
ianb1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply - I followed those instructions but I am not understanding the following:

"Separate the 6 pin connector (only 4 are used) between the pedal box and the controller that's located on the passenger's side of the battery compartment.
If the voltage goes to 14 volts, the sensor is faulty.
If the voltage remains below 14 volts, the controller is faulty. "

I assume that this is the 6 pin connector that sits on top on my controller?
Am I measuring the voltage at the connector or on top of the controller at the pins?
In either case there is not voltage present at the white wire which is what lead me to the ITS but re-reading this it sounds like my controller is dead?

Cheers,

Ian.
ianb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Wink Re: '95 ITS troubleshooting

About 8 inches from the plug that goes in the top of the controller, there is a 4 pin plug. The instructions should read to disconnect this plug and measure the voltage at the controller.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure, but Ian might be getting the wire colors mixed up.

The Black wire that connects to Pin-2 of the Molex plug on top of the controller is the voltage source for the ITS. This is the wire that should have 14V.

If, and only if, the 14V is present on the black wire, the white wire should have about 0.5V when the solenoid first clicks and about 1.5V when pedal is floored.
The white wire carries the ITS signal telling the controller how much current to pass and it connects to Pin-1 on top of controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO