lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #1
eagant5
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 87 ds running slow

Hi, I have an 87 club car ds that I just put new batteries in. The car is slow and has no torque or power. Where's the best place to start to find the issue. I checked motor voltage and the highest voltage I seen is 32.7 full throttle with the cart on jack stands.
eagant5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2016, 04:33 PM   #2
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 87 ds running slow

Double check the battery cables. At that voltage it sounds like you're missing a battery. Either one turned around or tapped into only 5 batteries.

Also, batteries are sold with only a 75% charge. Always give a full charge to replacements.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Measure all of your battery volts and the total pack volts. Look for a miswire if you just installed new batteries. Your total volts should be way higher - over 39V. Always do a full charge before using new batteries.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
eagant5
Getting Wild

Club Car

Pack voltage is right at 38.7. Going to charge it tonight but I don't think that's my issue as the cart acted the same way with the old batteries. Everything seems wired correctly.
eagant5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car