lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #1
mike w
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 front shocks

I searched for a post on G1 front shocks after 3 pages I posted a new thread. What aftermarket shocks are you using. My cart is used primarily on asphalt no off roaring except in the grass. Thanks Mike
mike w is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2016, 01:45 PM   #2
Redtex206
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 front shocks

I just bought these. They should arrive in a couple of days. I will let you know how they work. I am using them with a jakes lift kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221730937595
Redtex206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:03 AM   #3
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

redtex206 keep us posted. I was looking to replace mine too and wasn't sure if those shocks would work or not. Hoping to order my Jake's lift next week so I'm curious how your project turns out. Those shocks are really nice looking.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
Redtex206
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I got my shocks yesterday. They look great. The eye diameter is bigger so smaller bushing will be required (they sent only two smaller bushings) or drill bigger holes and get bigger bolts. They are also ~1 inch longer, so you will get a little more lift. I will not be putting them on quite yet since I am working on the frame part of the restoration right now.

You said you were getting a lift kit. Were you getting tires too. I got a pretty good deal on my tires and rims if your interested in where I got them.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:45 AM   #5
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtex206 View Post
I got my shocks yesterday. They look great. The eye diameter is bigger so smaller bushing will be required (they sent only two smaller bushings) or drill bigger holes and get bigger bolts. They are also ~1 inch longer, so you will get a little more lift. I will not be putting them on quite yet since I am working on the frame part of the restoration right now.

You said you were getting a lift kit. Were you getting tires too. I got a pretty good deal on my tires and rims if your interested in where I got them.
Yes I was hoping to get a tire package as well since the stockers won't fit with the lift. I was looking to get 22"x11"-8 tires with rims to give it the old school "big tire small rim swamp truck" look but since I'm on a tight budget I'll take what I can get if the price is right.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #6
Redtex206
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I ordered my rims and tires through them. And I was happy with the product. These are not the same model and size. But they are off set already.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-CART-8-...-/321996978554
Old 06-24-2016, 11:04 AM   #7
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

WOW those are sweet looking tires and rims and within my price range too. Thanks for the link redtex!
Old 06-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #8
mike w
Not Yet Wild

I haven't measured my stick shocks so stock shocks are 11.5 eye to eye. I have a homemade lift kit let me know how the shocks work out and what you use for spacers
mike w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:27 AM   #9
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Old thread fellas

Has anyone used these longer fronts shocks on the rear??

For those $$ it hard to pass up

Originals here in Oz are $170 EACH.
griffo002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:06 PM   #10
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

here is the ones I have ordered..
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorcyc...53.m2749.l2649
griffo002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha