lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #1
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV vs RXV Freedom

Bob can a Fleet RXV be programmed to run as fast as the RXV Freedom? What is all involved to get it that way? Thanks...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV vs RXV Freedom

It depends on the RXV, with the 2008-2012 Dananher controller RXV's it is as simple as getting someone with a programmer handset to do the secret code unlock which the Danaher handhelds can do an unlimited number of times, takes about 2 minutes. Unfortunately many dealers do not have the Danaher handheld With the mid 2012+ Curtis controller units you have to pay for the unlock code which typically costs $100 or so I think. On my 2010 RXV the cart wholsaler I bought it from unlocked it for free, but I was just handing almost $2,000. Either way you are limited to max Freedom mode speed of 19.5 mph on stock wheel/tire size, or about 23 mph on 20 inch tires. 20 inch tires will fit on a stock ride height RXV (some 21 inches may fit too, but that is cutting it close and depends on tire shape)
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Bob can a Fleet RXV be programmed to run as fast as the RXV Freedom? What is all involved to get it that way? Thanks...
My method was to go in and set max RPM down from 9500 to 8500 and set the max speed limit in mode 4 to 25 MPH. I'm not sure if you have access to those parameters. The only reason I set RPM down is if you watch motor RPM you'll see it hover above and below the target RPM. By setting a hard limit on RPM, it prevents that natural tendency to overrev a bit on downhills.

Alternately, you can download the parameter file from the RXV controller you want to change, edit the Freedom Mode parameter setting in the file, recalculate the checksum and write it, then program the controller with that file.

You can also copy the RXV Freedom controller and clone it into the target controller, if the hardware and supervisor versions match exactly.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys for the information. If I came upon a good deal on a Fleet RXV I was wanting to know if I could get it up to 19 mph. Sounds like if it is a Danaher controller very easy to do. For a Curtis controller will have to pay to get it up to speed. Just covering all my bases if I can find a good buy.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:17 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Thanks guys for the information. If I came upon a good deal on a Fleet RXV I was wanting to know if I could get it up to 19 mph. Sounds like if it is a Danaher controller very easy to do. For a Curtis controller will have to pay to get it up to speed. Just covering all my bases if I can find a good buy.
For me it's the other way around, easier to do more with the Curtis controller. Not really a need for an upgrade controller with stock tires. A few of the guys here have commented that the performance is better with the stock Curtis controller as compared to the Danaher controller.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:31 PM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't get me wrong I would rather get one with a Curtis controller. I will be running all stock but want to get to the 19 mph speed. I just didn't know if you could get the Fleet RXV up to that speed. Now that I know you can I'm not just limited to the Freedom RXV.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO