lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
Sean101687
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Ezgo RXV won't run

I have an ezgo rxv I'm trying to get running...person I got from had controller rebuilt by fsip so I know it's good, when I put it tow i can push it and brake will unlock, in run it won't move, the solenoid clicks and the cart does the "brake test" when the key is switched on and the solenoid clicks...when I hit the gas pedal nothing happens...I checked for the 5V the diagnostic calla for at the pedal but I'm only getting 1.3...I stopped testing there because I don't know what other components require 5v...it said if voltage isn't there check other 5v components...any help is greatly appreciated
Sean101687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2017, 01:38 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo RXV won't run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean101687 View Post
I have an ezgo rxv I'm trying to get running...person I got from had controller rebuilt by fsip so I know it's good, when I put it tow i can push it and brake will unlock, in run it won't move, the solenoid clicks and the cart does the "brake test" when the key is switched on and the solenoid clicks...when I hit the gas pedal nothing happens...I checked for the 5V the diagnostic calla for at the pedal but I'm only getting 1.3...I stopped testing there because I don't know what other components require 5v...it said if voltage isn't there check other 5v components...any help is greatly appreciated
What year is the RXV and which controller does it have, Danaher or Curtis?

The 5V sensors are throttle encoder, brake encoder, and motor speed endoder. There is a 0-5V output to the State of Charge meter, but DO NOT try to meter that! You will likely short the 5V pin to the 48V pin next to it and fry everything 5V on the cart. It's happened many times.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
Sean101687
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not sure on the year, it does have the danaher controller though..I called fsip and they suggested unplugging each sensor until I got the 5v at the controller on the orange and black wires on pin #3 and #4...going to see how that goes
Old 01-27-2017, 07:08 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean101687 View Post
Not sure on the year, it does have the danaher controller though..I called fsip and they suggested unplugging each sensor until I got the 5v at the controller on the orange and black wires on pin #3 and #4...going to see how that goes
I would have answered earlier but I was on the road all day. With any 5V harness plug unplugged from its sensor, the controller will fail its powerup test and it will shut down. That is likely why you are not reading 5V when and where you are expecting it.

You'll need a pair of backprobes for your voltmeter so that you can measure the voltage on the 5V connections with the plugs plugged into their respective encoders.

By the way, rebuilt controllers are not recommended. They are known to fail more often than new.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
Sean101687
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had an ezgo rxv of a friends and borrowed his sensors on the gas and brake pedal, it started running so narrowed it down to the two sensors on the gas pedal after replacing one at a time..thanks guys!
Old 07-12-2021, 11:26 AM   #6
IKNOWHOW
Not Yet Wild

I had the same problem with my 2009 RXV. I found a single grey wire with a male to female connector that connects to the controller. The connection at the crimp was bad. Replaced the connectors and solved the issue.
IKNOWHOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO