lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #1
hntndawg
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Controller dead? and cart ID confusion

Seems like the more research that I do on this cart the more confused I get. Hopefully someone can help me get to the bottom of things. Here are the details I know:

Silver Remanufactured tag shows 4Q0550 - search tells me that is a Gold Standard Lynx IQ redone in 05.

Motor is 5BC49JB1155 - search tells me that is drop in for IQ carts

Wiring plug to Alltrax controller (300A) looks to be a PDP style and pedal is not MCOR.

The F/R rocker does not have a IQ plug under it, but does have a hole there.

First, I am wondering is if this is an IQ cart or PDP, or did somebody Frankenstein it together at some point? And what controller do I really need to make this thing right?

I live in a hilly area and use this to run around on the ranch. It has worked perfect since I put new batteries in a few months ago until this weekend. Daughter parked cart, and when I got in a hour later it would not move. No solenoid click or anything. Topped off the charge then started troubleshooting. 50+ VDC and pins 6,9, and 10 with T/R and key on, but no LED at all (points to bad controller) But Rev buzzer still works, and I am told the controller runs that. Tested solenoid and works fine. Tested potentiometer and test 5k-1 ohm. I am 90% sure I could just replace the controller, but don't want to drop the coin and get the wrong one. Is 300A big enough with this motor? Will going to big harm the motor itself? I am just looking for a reliable daily use cart.
hntndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #2
hntndawg
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Controller dead? and cart ID confusion

I have pretty much settled that this is a PDP cart with an incorrect tag and an upgraded motor.

All I really have left is to find out if I need to replace with a 300A controller or is that too small for that 5HP motor?
Old 07-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hntndawg View Post
I have pretty much settled that this is a PDP cart with an incorrect tag and an upgraded motor.

All I really have left is to find out if I need to replace with a 300A controller or is that too small for that 5HP motor?
It could be all you need for stock tires on flat pavement.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
hntndawg
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
It could be all you need for stock tires on flat pavement.
I am on very hilly pasture land with the ATV type tires that come on a LYNX. I would just as soon have more power but don't want to get a controller that is too big and hurt the motor or too small and burn up another controller.

So what AMP controller should I order??
Old 07-11-2017, 03:01 PM   #5
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Get the Alltrax 500A model and turn is down until you decide you need a bigger motor. I screwed up and bought a 400A and now regret not going bigger. The price difference is only a few bucks.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #6
hntndawg
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
Get the Alltrax 500A model and turn is down until you decide you need a bigger motor. I screwed up and bought a 400A and now regret not going bigger. The price difference is only a few bucks.
Didn't think about programming it down. Thanks for the heads up!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car