lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
Sethmac
Getting Wild

Default Shock Upgrade Trouble

My shocks were so loud on our last outing to our property, that I decided to upgrade. Referencing info here I went with Monroe 31176. I have a 2006 DS with an All Star lift.

I suspected the shocks might be a little long (I did the flip for the lift), but I figured I could just loosen up the plate to get the clearance I needed.

What I didn't anticipate was the clearance between the top of the shock and the body of the cart. I can't put the shocks on due to the top of the spindle being obstructed by the body...anyone else have this problem?
Sethmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2019, 09:39 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Shock Upgrade Trouble

If the old one fit the Monroe's should fit. Keep in mind that a Monroe 31176 is a gas shock and it takes a little muscle to compress it.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:44 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I go in through the access hatch with a 9/16 deep socket and a wobble adapter. Kinda have to force your way in there but the body should flex enough to push out of the way and get the socket on. It helps if you remove the bottom nut first and push the bottom of the shock out toward the wheel so the stud on the top leans in/forward slightly.

The other option is to remove the bag well plastic trim and cut a hole in the body right in the corner where the top of the shock is. If you do it right you get the space you need and then when you put the plastic trim back on it covers up the hole entirely.
I've only had to do that on one because the nut was rusted on pretty bad and it rounded off. I had to go in with the sawzall and cut the stud off.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:05 PM   #4
Sethmac
Getting Wild

Thanks folks...I ended up pulling the wheels and threading as I pushed it up. It was tight, but the shocks are on now :)
Sethmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car