lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2020, 07:33 AM   #1
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2001 club car ds slowww with new mcor and speed sensor

The cart was running Sporadic 15 mph then cut out then only 5 mph so I replaced the mcor with an eBay mcor $48 same thing but only 5mph I Ohmed the mcor it was right where it should be then I changed the speed sensor to a new one same thing but only 5 mph the cart does not slow down when pushing in tow mode it did a couple times when it was sporadic but now it never does. Any help would be appreciated. I switched the old speed sensor back in and same 5 mph or less batteries are new 49v down to 48.3 when pedal is pushed. I have since ordered the new updated mcor it hasn’t come yet but I don’t think it is the mcor any ideas ??
smille5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 club car ds slowww with new mcor and speed sensor

Sounds like a speed sensor. Cheap Ebay ones can be bad out of the box. Get an OEM sensor from a site sponsor such as Revvolution Golf Carts. Same goes for the mcors.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:39 AM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

X2

Avoid buying cheap parts, stick with OEM.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:52 AM   #4
greg-g
Gone Wild

Look at the year of the cart
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #5
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
Look at the year of the cart
I’ve seen on other posts that the 2001 can be run without the speed sensor is that true also I took the mcor $48 one off left it plugged in and manually turned it with a screw driver farther than it would with the pedal with the cart on jack stands it revved a lot higher so now I’m wondering if the pedal is not turning it enough or should I still spend the $120 on a speed sensor ? Also I plugged in the new updated mcor and it’s the same acts like the voltage is low but it’s reading 51v on the gas but would barely pull in my garage flat land ?? Any thoughts ??
Old 04-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If the cart is a regen 2 then your problem may be the solenoid on the drivers side not working. You can tell if it is regen 2 by looking. If it has a solenoid on the drivers side it will have a coil on the large post. When the solenoid goes bad the cart will try to run drawing power through that coil, it is not heavy duty enough to a allow enough. Amps to pull the cart. The wheels will turn pretty good on jack stand. Also the speed sensor on a regen 2 cart can be unhooked and the cart will run just fine.

If that solenoid is bad just put both large cables on the same post and unhook the speed sensor. This will remove dynamic braking and roll away braking but no other ill effects.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:33 PM   #7
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I unplugged the sensor it ran the same but it would pick up to 12mph then back down to 5 ish then barely move then it would take off again. you might be right about the solenoid mine is on the drivers side and has a resistor on it going to the 2 posts. So your saying basically jump the solenoid and unplug the speed sensor.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:30 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smille5291 View Post
I unplugged the sensor it ran the same but it would pick up to 12mph then back down to 5 ish then barely move then it would take off again. you might be right about the solenoid mine is on the drivers side and has a resistor on it going to the 2 posts. So your saying basically jump the solenoid and unplug the speed sensor.
That is correct. The main solenoid is on the passenger side. It seems to be working.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:11 PM   #9
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

AS I was poking around trying to find anything off with my volt meter I was testing the f/r switch wiring harness checking voltage in both the forward reverse wires then bam the cart started running fine again. It did cut out going around the neighborhood but I just let off and pushed the pedal and it took off again. Something tells me I'm not done yet. going to go through the connectors to make sure they're all snapped together.. I couldn't find a voltage readings list for the pin connectors on the controller. The weird thing is I was getting 27v to the brown wire in the pin connector then when I hit the run switch it went to 50v. Should I have had 27v in tow mode with the key off ? I dont want to mention the word controller if I dont have to.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:00 PM   #10
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Ok so I take it you have not hooked both large cables of the solenoid on the drivers side to the same post. That solenoid needs to close for the current to pass through it and power the cart. If it don't close the cart will try to run with the current going through the coil. It is not heavy enough to carry the load of pulling the cart, thus the cart will run very very weak. You could have a bad connection on one of the wires that activate that solenoid. That is why hooking the cables will allow the cart to run.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car