lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Alltrax Solenoid

Where do I mount the 400 amp HD solenoid. I bought the bracket, but do I just bolt it anywhere?
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Default Re: Alltrax Solenoid

I installed the later model DS component mounting plate in Ike during his rebuild.. I mounted the 400A solenoid in the stock location on the plate.. Here's a couple of pics of the solenoid and Alltrax AXE 500 controller after installation.. I also used a Blue Sea Systems ANL fuse mounting block for the fuse supplied with the controller.. You can see it in the lower left corner of the component plate in the last pic..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1117.jpg (113.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1246.jpg (134.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1116.jpg (119.5 KB, 24 views)
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

If I use the stock holes to mount the 4865 I don't have room for the alltrax bracket. I might have to go to the other side of the wall.
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkana View Post
If I use the stock holes to mount the 4865 I don't have room for the alltrax bracket. I might have to go to the other side of the wall.
I had to drill two new holes for the controller to mount.. The AXE 500 wouldn't line up with the holes for the OEM smaller footprint controller.. I also ditched all the OBC stuff, it mounted in the rectangular hole to the left of the controller in the middle pic..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car