lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
pcbye
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Questions - Transmission BackLash

Greetings: I am new to the forum. I am contemplating purchasing a 1983 G1 from my neighbor. It started to clunk so he just went and bought a new one. He is not big on maintence so several things are suspect.

I think the actual clunking maybe the engine missing. I puledl the plug and found the cap not screwed on the the plug wire. I cut the wire, put a little silicon grease on it, screwed it back togather and it seems much better. I will try a new plug and do a general tune up and see if that improves some more. It starts right up no problem and goes down the road. Once the clunk (miss) stop just above idle, it cruises just fine -- no noise. Cold blooded beast though.

The thing that concerns me is the back lash on the driven clutch. How much should there be there. It seems you can rotate it back and forth about 1/4 turn or more before it feels like it is actually rotating the wheels?

I will pop the plugs on the gear box tonight and see if there is actually any oil in it. It just seems like a lot of play. Does anybody have an idea what the back lash should be, or is there a spec on this?

BTW: He want $200.00 for it. So if I can get a couple of bugs out of it, I think it may be worth it.

Best regards;

Peter
pcbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 Questions - Transmission BackLash

The backlash is normal for yamaha
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
jimdurt
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Questions - Transmission BackLash

Yeah the backlash seems to be in all the Yamahas. Mine does the same thing. Kinda roars on the pavement. I was thinking bearings are needed. Mine did not have any grease in the rear end when I bought it. I refilled it and off i went. I noticed that the rear end will push the fluid out of the vent tube if you drive it fast for long distances. Need to keep an eye on it periodically.
jimdurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha